• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Charly's grow blog 2018

Charly

Thank you Hasse :)
Every information is good to take.
I have been searching the web but have not found any information on this strain, so I was not sure if I should try to sun cure some (like a virginia, since I have no flue curing chamber) or just air cure it.

Charly

Thank you Pier, I have been trying to find it on Polygon's site but with no success :)
I will save the link ;)

I have already seen the description on Northwoodseed's site, it might be the same strain (I don't know if the "36" means something or not).

Since Polygon indicate "shadow drying" I think it has nothing to do with a flue cure type, so I will air cure it ;)

P.S. Sometimes I am lost with the classification types (like "bright leaf" which doesn't indicate much about the use of the leaves...)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Charley: my activity here is at the moment pretty low because my mom have cancer in the throat and if that was not enough of problem my wife's father are pretty ill and can't move his legs. So 2018 is not like it should have been. I grow my tobacco and my tomato but not give it the time I should have in "normal season". I don't take the time to look at info about and around variants like I use to do. But when I have time I will start my old phone and look at the screen shot I have on Yellow leaf 36.

skychaser

I am virtually certain they are the same seed. I may have forgotten to put the "36" on my labels. Or he may have sent it to me as just yellow leaf. I would have to look through all my original seed I got from Polygon to see. And there is a lot to search through. No time today. I have a date with a hoe.

Hasse: My wife and I have been through similar in the past 3 years with her mom and my dad. Lots of things fell behind here. Family comes first. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hasse: My wife and I have been through similar in the past 3 years with her mom and my dad. Lots of things fell behind here. Family comes first. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks "skychaser" and other members. Trust me I know: 20180526_131129.jpg
This forum is the best in the hole world. If all the world was like FTT the world would be a better place to living in.

Charly

I feel really sorry for you, Hasse :(
As Skychaser said : Family comes first !
You are in our thoughts, take good care of the ones you love, tobacco can wait.

Yes, FTT is really a good place.

Charly

Thank you Skychaser, no need to check in your seed bank ;)
My plants are exactly like the pictures on your site, there are big chances that it's the same.

greenmonster714

Just got caught up on your thread. Nice stack of leaf. I was hoping you wouldn't have to wrestle with disease this year but I see youve had a time with it again. You've posted some great stuff on the issue.

Charly

Thanks GM.

It's the third year I grow tobacco, and each year I have PVY, so I am not really surprised anymore.
And I am really happy I find every year some new resistant strains !
Ciennepi has the same problem, so together we can find interesting strains twice as fast now !

I have not updated my blog regularly, but I will soon post my conclusions about the resistance of the strains I am growing.

Charly

Thanks for the link CV,
I have to read this more in depth, even if it talks about another virus (the Mozaïc Virus), there may be some ideas to try ?

Charly

It's time for some news.

I have already harvested a lot of my leaves, but I still have some plants in the garden, waiting for me to pick them up, but I am not sure if I should wait more or not...

For exemple : the TN90.
I have read many times that burley should be harvested when fully yellowed... my leaves are showing some yellow, but I don't think they will become more yellow than the picture bellow, because they are becoming brown on the tips... (and when my leaves become too much brown in the field, it becomes trashy leaves... it always mold.)

crop2.jpg crop3.jpg crop4.jpg

Do you think I should harvest the ones that show the brown tip or should I wait more ?

I have other strains waiting (the one that I planted later), I think some of them might end up stalk harvested (time will tell).

Whatever, some strains grew very well this year in my garden, for exemple the "Yellow Leaf 36", which I aready harvested all the leaves, is so healthy that it grew big suckers, so I let one sucker per plant, and now I already had to remove the flowers from the suckers ! You can see where I cut the stalk after all the leaves where harvested, and the second cut where I removed the new flower head :

crop1.jpg

I have done the same to my prileps because I forgot to put some bag to save seeds, and I really need new seeds (since I have none left), but the suckers are growing very slowly and do not show any new flower...