Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Ciennepi 2018 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciennepi

In this time of season I run out of space for air curing my leafs, furthermore my air curing place is good for air curing but not enough dry for drying the stem that stay fatty and, with the drop of temperature begin to mold. So I take a bunch of Nostrano del Brenta volado (alias seco) and sprayed with water to bring it in high case closed in a big nylon bag. When it will be in high case I will destem it, let it dry flat in low case and put in a poly bag to conserve until kiln time (I actually use the kiln for flu curing or for yellowing the most hard leafs).
Below the bunch of dry leafs
20181005_120202.jpg
And the big bag with sprayed leafs
20181005_121004.jpg

ciennepi

And after the hard job a good lunch with "pasta alle verdure", pasta with zucchini, cabbage, sweet pepper and chees:p

ciennepi

This is my first batch of Perique made of 2017 Virginia leafs air cured and pressed for 3 months. The smell is a mix of sweet dry fruit and walnuts. I don't know if it must be conserved bone dry or in medium case in an airthigt container. Someone have some hint?
20181005_210457~2.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You can optionally shred it first, then store it in low case (doesn't have to be bone dry). Or you can leave is soggy, in a Ziplock bag, and store it in the refrigerator. If you store it wet and refrigerated, the only likely impact will be slight growth (over many months) of the same Pichia anomala yeast that produces the fruity, Perique aroma and taste.

I've had some Perique stored wet in the refrigerator over a span of several years.

Bob

ciennepi

Thank you Bob. I will try to store a few wet and refrigerated. It seem to me that it can go further in maturation.

ciennepi

This is the Nostrano leafs destemmed with a rotary cutter. Now I wait they return in low case and the put in the poly bag.
The color of the upper face are a nice and warm brown, the lower face are a mix of brown and dark green but it seem to me this is normal with Nostrano.
20181006_092158~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.