Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

joseph4512

I used to use the Premier brand red 100's and they were a smooth smoke. Then they got bought out and instead of being made in Germany they started being made in Canada. And at that point, they became a lot harsher.

Last edited by a moderator:

tullius

I use ramback prestige gold and windsail silver elite from WLT: like them both, very satisfied, high quality and tasty. The boxes I have are marked D&R, manufactured through Saint Vincent USA LLC, Silverfoiltubes International, the Philippines. Hope Don @FmGrowit can get them back in stock. Zero problems paired with powermatic 1+ machine.

Matty Ice

My favourites so far are windsail silver elite and win gate menthol. I really like raw but they are a pain to make at least from my experience.

Tobaccofieldsforever

I know this is a somewhat older thread but I have also tried just about every tube on the market. Right now all I will buy and use are Zen full flavor kings. I was getting them for 1.89 at a local tobacco store but they are now 2.89 at the same place (as of a month or 2 ago). The box comes with 250 rather than 200. All the value aside those, these are by far my favorite tube quality wise. I haven't tried any of the D&R tubes but mark ryan usually puts out a quality product. I dont know how long these will be available to me at under $3 a case as everywhere I look online they around $4 a case (which is still comparatively a deal because of the extra 50). Paper quality is good, burn well, etc... give them a try!

gregb

In light of the new steep tobacco tax hikes coming into play, I can see that soon growing your own may become wildly popular in the very near future. So, in keeping with that thought, I figured some of my experiences may be helpful for those who are new to this site.

Some tubes are a pleasure, while some others make for a maddening experience. I have tried most of the tubes available in my area and below are my findings.

Gambler Tube Cut - Kings (both full flavor and gold filter), distributed by Republic Tobacco (AKA Republic Group), and manufactured in Canada. These have worked consistently well and rarely do I have a problem with the end of the tube tearing when I happen to try and stuff too much tobacco. This would be the one for those who are new to growing and rolling your own.

Top - Kings Full Flavor tubes are also distributed by Republic Tobacco and made in Canada with basically the same results as the Gambler tubes, which makes me think there is no real difference other than the branding. However, the Top brand name does cost more so I rarely buy these.

Golden Valley - Kings Full Flavor are distributed by Trademark Co. and "Made in R.L." (whatever that is), and also says "Fridley MN" for some reason. I was just not happy with these, the paper seems thinner and tends to tear the end of the tube about 1/3 of the way around where the top holds the tube in place. It is not so much of a functional problem for smoking because the cherry is about that big when you light it but remains unsightly.

Zig Zag - Kings white tip are distributed by North Atlantic Operating Co. of Louisville KY, manufactured in Canada just like Gambler and Top. For the price I was not happy, there are better options much cheaper and their popularity eludes me when it comes to the cigarette tubes. Tearing was a problem more often than I was willing to accept for the price.

Premier 100's - distributed by Commonwealth Brands of Reidsville NC and manufactured in Germany. Again these had a tendency of tearing but not nearly as much as the Zig Zag, probably due to the extra length. Over stuffing these will most definitely tear the paper.

Rave - Kings Full Flavor, manufactured under license by Commonwealth Brands of Reidsville NC, for Lignum-2 Bowling Green KY (again, whatever that means). This is my first try at these and am rather pleased so far, and may be replacing my usual Gambler tubes with Rave because the quality is good and are the least expensive of all of them. I did experience some tearing which was my fault because the tobacco was at the end of the bag and became too dry with smaller bits than usual. I also think I overstuffed them which compounded the problem.

Since a lot of cotton is grown here, I was thinking of using that as a filter and finding some very thin rice paper or craft paper at my local dollar store to make my own tubes. For the glue I was thinking either maple syrup or melted menthol candies, it could be a great smoke or make me puke, LOL.

That is it for now, I will see what else is available next time I go.
I have found the Gizeh SilverTip Extra to bea great tube. The biggest advantage is a 25mm filter so you waste 10% less tobacco vs most tubes with a 15mm filter. I have used a couple thousand of these and the only issue is damage from shipping. They produce a consistent smoke with no paper taste and less nicotine stains on your fingers lol.
Again the drawback is shipping- I have not found no domestic US seller so I order them from the UK. ( they have a huge RYO audience over there as they pay even higher taxes *****)

burge

My favourites so far are windsail silver elite and win gate menthol. I really like raw but they are a pain to make at least from my experience.
I can't find them in Canada but as mentioned above stick with Export A 2.89 at Costco while players are up to 4 dollars and are so much bigger using more tobacco

Iowalez

No one has ever mentioned Shargio tubes. I buy them 10 cartons at a time in bulk on Amazon for about $32 with free shipping. They come from a cigar store in New Jersey, or somewhere near there, and each order comes with a cigarette case. All I can get locally is Gambler tubes, and I hate them. I've gone through close to 3,000 of these tubes now, and am satisfied with them. I really wish I could find tubes with chlorine-free paper like the European brands, but no luck so far, as if no one in the US cares about the paper.

burge

Canada I use export a tubes but the filterite were good and at that time a little cheaper but bigger in diameter but they were basically the same tube.

Tobaccofieldsforever

I know this is a somewhat older thread but I have also tried just about every tube on the market. Right now all I will buy and use are Zen full flavor kings. I was getting them for 1.89 at a local tobacco store but they are now 2.89 at the same place (as of a month or 2 ago). The box comes with 250 rather than 200. All the value aside those, these are by far my favorite tube quality wise. I haven't tried any of the D&R tubes but mark ryan usually puts out a quality product. I dont know how long these will be available to me at under $3 a case as everywhere I look online they around $4 a case (which is still comparatively a deal because of the extra 50). Paper quality is good, burn well, etc... give them a try!
They use Asian style paper which means no FSC chemicals and the price can’t be beat…still my favorite by far.

whatsinthebag

Hey everyone, has anyone tried the cartel bio unbleached papers or the RAW tubes before they discontinued them. I currently use gambler tube cut 100's but I've been doing my research to figure out which tube is the best balance of not interfering with flavor and being relatively "healthy" as I'll put it. But I was hoping to get some information about them that is more reliable than amazon reviews given they are $13 a carton.

burge

Hey everyone, has anyone tried the cartel bio unbleached papers or the RAW tubes before they discontinued them. I currently use gambler tube cut 100's but I've been doing my research to figure out which tube is the best balance of not interfering with flavor and being relatively "healthy" as I'll put it. But I was hoping to get some information about them that is more reliable than amazon reviews given they are $13 a carton.
I have looked at alibaba and to me anyhow maybe the rollo tubes. Filterite tubes are neutral if you can find them there.

whatsinthebag

I cant find anything helpful on Alibaba regarding tubes all results are for useless stuff, filterite doesn't seem to exist around here. I may get a box of the brown paper rollo tubes for consideration as well, but the filter is the main thing that interests me on the cartel bio tubes I cant find anything else like it and all the tubes aside from the cartel ones that I find that have the same paper style have cutouts in the filter making them subjectively useless for tobacco.

RHeflin

I have when I first started making my own. Way too expensive. At first I liked them. I soon noticed a harsh taste that came from their plant based paper. Also with most cigarette tubes they make their filters too short. This creates a soft spot in the rolled cigarette. Packing hard can help but also jam machine. I now only use Shargio tubes. 20MM filter and this problem is solved. I have 7 unopened boxes of Cartel.