Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Coolerdor Build

Smokin Harley

I was out today...stopped at my favorite mom and pop smoke shop to boost the local economy a little. For the coolerdor build , I bought some essential items - both made by Xikar . One was the nice big digital display hygrometer/temp combo unit. I'll mount that to one of the drawer fronts once I get that built.
. the other since I loved the first one for the dresser top humidor- a humi-fan unit. Circulates the air really nice and its small enough to hide in back out of sight.
Oh yeah , and of course I bought some cigars too. Like taking a kid to a candy store ,I can't leave without buying something.

Smokin Harley

20161225_085350.jpg
Close enough for me...all I'm using for humidity source is 2 "tupperware" containers and some wet floral foam cut to fit and the lids drilled out.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Analog hygrometers cost less, and can work just fine. If it can be calibrated, then the absolute reading is used. If it can't be calibrated (the really cheap ones), its error will likely be quite stable, and once an adequate leaf case is determined by touch, etc. then the value of the hygrometer at that point is the goal for future adjustments.

Of course, at benign humidor temps, an inexpensive remote digital hygrometer can also be used (like a cheapie Acurite: https://www.acurite.com/indoor-outdoor-thermometer-with-probe.html).

Bob

Smokin Harley

I ordered 4 pieces of Padauk for the drawer fronts the other day...its here. Beautiful wood grain. I should be getting my Spanish Cedar tomorrow.

Smokin Harley

purchase of the Padauk was easy, ebay "store" with a size choice drop down .
The Spanish Cedar was more of a piecemeal purchase. I'm not sure if the seller just buys and resells or maybe he gets a big shipment in and then has to hand pick what he uses for his products,then sells his culls . The ones I bought have a bit of grain pattern to them (or as I see it- character), not a simple straight fine grain as one would see in say a cigar box liner.
I'm probably going to go with a finger joint cornered tray design and then front them with the padauk finished on the show side in an epoxy coat of some sort. Epoxy won't cloud from moisture or affect aromas or flavors once cured.

ArizonaDave

purchase of the Padauk was easy, ebay "store" with a size choice drop down .
The Spanish Cedar was more of a piecemeal purchase. I'm not sure if the seller just buys and resells or maybe he gets a big shipment in and then has to hand pick what he uses for his products,then sells his culls . The ones I bought have a bit of grain pattern to them (or as I see it- character), not a simple straight fine grain as one would see in say a cigar box liner.
I'm probably going to go with a finger joint cornered tray design and then front them with the padauk finished on the show side in an epoxy coat of some sort. Epoxy won't cloud from moisture or affect aromas or flavors once cured.

Grain pattern does give it character, is the aroma the same?

Smokin Harley

Its pretty close for my olfactory . Grain patterns of each are nice. Not fully straight , not all over the place either. Wavy...like I said , character. I'd have got started today except for the garage is too cold and I don't have a heater. The Padauk color and grain is very similar to Mahogany or even a Brazilian Cherry. Very rich looking .

Kikiri

Hi guys, so my specific question, does the wine cooler work for cigars ???