• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Don's Red Virginia

burge

I had a bag from 3 years ago just opened it now and the aroma was chocolate. Getting it ready to shred should be awesome.

burge

Hey Bob It is really good referring to the Red Virginia. Using a blend of lemon orangey lemon from big bonner and a little bit of the red. Still has that chocolate smell the aging process of 3 years.

I've never tasted what I would call chocolate from aged Red Virginia, but I have definitely tasted "damn good". If Don can get any flue-cured Virginia out of this year of hardships for growers, that will be really something.

Bob

FmGrowit

Founder
Staff member
I've never tasted what I would call chocolate from aged Red Virginia, but I have definitely tasted "damn good". If Don can get any flue-cured Virginia out of this year of hardships for growers, that will be really something.

Bob
There's a real war going on out there for acquiring US grown Flue Cured tobacco. Luckily, I've developed a reputation for demanding the highest quality tobacco available, so when that type of tobacco becomes available, I'm one of the first to know about it and I always step up to the plate to make the best deal for my customers. Believe it or not, I've already begun negotiations for next years crop.

The Cutters from this years crop is some of the best tobacco I've ever seen and will be available in a month or so. The Lemon, Bright and Red promise to follow suite.

burge

I know that is true Don. Bob it has a chocolate smell to it. Our climate here is great for aging in the vapor proof bags with the temperature swings. As long as the package is airtight. Doug at ryo magazine taught me a lot on how tobacco is aged. From pressure to heat to sweating and temperature all affects tobacco. Great tobacco always changes. and for the better. Moisture drying and remoistening the leaf also affects the taste.