Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fair Trade Tobacco Logo contest

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
Here's an interpretation of dkh2's interesting design rendered as a logo:

FTT_logo_dkh2_01_400px.png

The colors, of course, could be any combination. The yellow letters fade from top to bottom of the whole design, while the yellow central field fades in the opposite direction, as a contrast to dkh2's top-to-bottom fade of the blue.

The tilt of the scale tells the mind that the pans are attached to it, so I don't think the chains are required. The small F and T might be a bit larger.

Bob
There ya go
What program did you do that with ?

BarG

Founding Member
I still like Bob's leaf design the best. One look and you know its about tobacco.

With all due respect to all contestants ,The leaf design really appeals to me also. It leafs less for the imagination to associate with message or company as far as first glance, and associates with affiliate company WLT.

Edit: I prefer the scales tipped in my favor whenever possible,
2 for me 1 for you,....thats fair aint it?;)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
dkh2,
I was going to try it in MS Paint, but it's just not up to the task. So I used my quite old Adobe Photoshop 6.0.

As for more ideas on logos, the possibilities are endless. Here's one I rather like:

FTT_Logo_CarryingTobaccoToMarket1898_02.png

It shows an Administrator sitting uselessly on a hogshead, while a moderator, gun resting on his shoulder, makes certain that their tobacco trade is fair. This idea was inspired by Chicken's logo pic of a tractor pulling a tobacco wagon.

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Don, I want to congratulate you on this contest. You have gotten more interest with this idea than I ever imagined. And in the end you will have maybe a marketable logo for the thread. It may not be genius but it's close WELL DONE !

(You also brought some pretty funny dudes out of the woodwork.)

J

BarG

Founding Member
Decided upon logo will be fair trades tobacco to use as trademark correct?. keep option open to make several variations using designs put forth with contributors permission. hats [would be more feasible for simpler embroidery] wheras silk screened t- shirts could utilize more complex designs. If you do market items the more to choose from the better. [capitalism, aint it great] However things work out I'm sure it will be Fair.

I just realized the time frame alloted for this contest is only 1/3 the way thru. Allready 2 realy fine entries to choose from.

this heres gonna be a fair trade
thumbnail.aspx

BarG

Founding Member
Th-th-this p-p-pig ag-g-grees S-s-s-am

I was gonna quote foghorn leghorn but just wouldn't be the same in type:). How you doing johnlee, I should be working right now but I keep comin in to check out the site. It's been real interesting.

barg

BigBonner

Founding Member
Eneyone is trhinking with their heads why not think with your bumpers ?

A bumper sticker would work just as good , we could have both . Everyone reads them .

johnlee1933

Founding Member
BarG It sure has. This is a great thread. I'm doing fine but sick and tired of winter. Cant wait to start flyin' and plantin'.

BB Yes and with the bumper sticker comes the room to say something about the logo.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i like the hornworm,,,,but those that dont grow baccy may not know what it is,,, or how deadly it is to a baccy crop,

3 yrs ago i wouldnt have got the meaning of it,

id have thought it was a caterpillar,

i like the bumper sticker idea,

i got so many seedlings up in my starting trays,,,,im trying to get a lot of my local friends to grow thier own, even if i gotta give them the plants,,,,,

i'd hate to throw them out,allthough im gonna grow them in the garden area,with whats left over, im gonna put everywhere i can find a spot,,,,PERHAPS A BACCY PLANT PRIVACY SHRUB????

BarG

Founding Member
FTTa1a.jpg3D FAIR TRADE TOBACCO text could be placed centered above arch[Not fair to judge and joke without being willing to take a little friendly fire my ownself]So heres some ammo! BarG Edit: I prefer the scales tipped in my favor whenever possible,2 for me 1 for you,....thats fair aint it?;) I still like the leaf design best.View attachment 379

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
you didn't get the memo chicken. Dont feel bad I want one of your t shirts. What happened to your fair trade pics.:confused:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you didn't get the memo chicken. Dont feel bad I want one of your t shirts. What happened to your fair trade pics.:confused:

my pics are still on here,,, page 4 or 5 ???

i like my scale one with baccy on one side and money on the other<<

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Any additional ideas will be taken into consideration so this thread is by no means closed. For the time being though, we'll vote on the best of what is here to date.

Every member who participated in this thread is a winner in my book.

Pick out your prize from this list.

Pick out what you want and send me a PM with your address.

Thank you all very much for being members and for trying to advance the site.