• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Grow Blog Ever - CobGuy

CobGuy

My plants seem to be growing very slowly ... is exposure to very high heat and low humidity early in their life a possible cause?

Levi Gross

I hear that curing in Arizona can be a real challenge. At least my imagination is telling me this. There’s never much humidity down there right? You probably don’t have the mold problems or the pest problems us northerners do either? Your priming look great. You know I got a two month head start on my grow this year and it still seemed that a lot of my plants were stunted. I have yet to grow the towering monsters that I see in other members growing logs. Maybe next season will be the year of the monster Tobacco plants for the both of us.:rolleyes:

CobGuy

I hear that curing in Arizona can be a real challenge. At least my imagination is telling me this. There’s never much humidity down there right? You probably don’t have the mold problems or the pest problems us northerners do either? Your priming look great. You know I got a two month head start on my grow this year and it still seemed that a lot of my plants were stunted. I have yet to grow the towering monsters that I see in other members growing logs. Maybe next season will be the year of the monster Tobacco plants for the both of us.:rolleyes:
The low humidity is usually a huge problem, for sure!
Right now we are still getting the Monsoons and there is plenty of moisture in the air.
However, once that goes away, I'll be using my fridge box / kiln for yellowing.

Here's to Monster Tobac 2019 ... cheers! :)

~Darin

not sure what happened there ... sorry!
I've been running into this duplicate post thing all day, and even done one myself. On my phone, I'll write a post, click post reply, and nothing will seem to happen. The temptation is to click it again. Safest thing, as not to lose what you typed is to open another window, and go back in to see if it was indeed posted.

We hit 40 last night and most of the highs for the next couple weeks are in the 60s. The sun is blotted out by smoke. I think I read your post through that filter.