Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fruit pectin

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I do not think twice about reaching over and grabbing the elmer's glue and using it...
I believe all their formulations are not toxic, but some contain synthetic polymers (rubbery hydrocarbons). If you use it on any leaf that ultimately burns, then it can be stinky.

Bob

DIY Pete

I had difficulty dissolving Xanthan gum. How do you accomplish that, Randy?

Bob

Bob,
I put a bit, think 1/4 teaspoon, on the l lid of a small Tupperware and then spritz with distilled water. Mix with a toothpick, add water and mix again. The mush sucks up an unreal amount of water. I use it when the consistency is similar to warm butter. When I am done rolling I snap the Tupperware together and store it in the fridge, it lasts a few weeks before I need to toss it out.

Pete

buck

I've been using fruit pectin and find that it clumps too much even though I add lots of water. I recently started using the powder that comes with WLT wrapper leaf and I like that very much.
Is that powder what is commercially used or something else, where can I find that ?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it's bermacoll. The tiny packet that WLT includes with wrapper wraps several dozen cigars. Most bermacoll for sale on-line is for a massive quantity, like a pound or more.

Bob

buck

I believe it's bermacoll. The tiny packet that WLT includes with wrapper wraps several dozen cigars. Most bermacoll for sale on-line is for a massive quantity, like a pound or more.

Bob

several dozen ??? I didn't use much and I was only able to wrap 8 at the most .. I have another packet I don't see how I can get more than a dozen wrapped with it.

RandyL

I
I had difficulty dissolving Xanthan gum. How do you accomplish that, Randy?

Bob
Put the water in the microwave for 1 min then pour in the powder while stirring the water then keep mixing for a few min. There will still be lumps in it but just let it sit for 30min to 1 hr and they will dissolve.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
several dozen ??? I didn't use much and I was only able to wrap 8 at the most .. I have another packet I don't see how I can get more than a dozen wrapped with it.

As of today, I will double the amount of glue we send with the wrapper and Blend kits. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.