• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fruit pectin

DIY Pete

I had difficulty dissolving Xanthan gum. How do you accomplish that, Randy?

Bob
Bob,
I put a bit, think 1/4 teaspoon, on the l lid of a small Tupperware and then spritz with distilled water. Mix with a toothpick, add water and mix again. The mush sucks up an unreal amount of water. I use it when the consistency is similar to warm butter. When I am done rolling I snap the Tupperware together and store it in the fridge, it lasts a few weeks before I need to toss it out.

Pete

buck

I've been using fruit pectin and find that it clumps too much even though I add lots of water. I recently started using the powder that comes with WLT wrapper leaf and I like that very much.
Is that powder what is commercially used or something else, where can I find that ?

deluxestogie

Administrator
I believe it's bermacoll. The tiny packet that WLT includes with wrapper wraps several dozen cigars. Most bermacoll for sale on-line is for a massive quantity, like a pound or more.

Bob

buck

I believe it's bermacoll. The tiny packet that WLT includes with wrapper wraps several dozen cigars. Most bermacoll for sale on-line is for a massive quantity, like a pound or more.

Bob
several dozen ??? I didn't use much and I was only able to wrap 8 at the most .. I have another packet I don't see how I can get more than a dozen wrapped with it.

I
I had difficulty dissolving Xanthan gum. How do you accomplish that, Randy?

Bob
Put the water in the microwave for 1 min then pour in the powder while stirring the water then keep mixing for a few min. There will still be lumps in it but just let it sit for 30min to 1 hr and they will dissolve.