Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fruit pectin

Status
Not open for further replies.

John41285

I ran out of bermocoll and picked up some pectin while I wait for my order to arrive. I noticed it has a botter taste to it. Will that go away after time or should I just wait to get my order in?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Some people taste it, some don't. Fruit pectin sold for jelly making may contain citric acid (think "Sour Gummi Bears").

If you taste it, you might want to wait.

Bob

webmost

Bermacoll is cellulose glue. Wallpaper paste is cellulose glue. That craft glue they use in pre-school is cellulose glue. Don't have to wait for an order to arrive... it's all around you, in different forms. Or, just order up some wrapper from WLT. He tapes a wee baggie of glue onto each pound of wrapper. I stash those wee baggies for just in case. What'd you do with yours? Look round & see if you have one.

John41285

Think he forgot last time I ordered. I got a package a while back from him and just got around to using that leaf. There wasn't any in there that's why I got the pectin

John41285

Does he sell bags of it? I had to order some from LO because I didn't see it on WLT.

Smokin Harley

I ran out of bermocoll and picked up some pectin while I wait for my order to arrive. I noticed it has a botter taste to it. Will that go away after time or should I just wait to get my order in?

I used to use pectin and because of that bitterness ,I switched to xanthan gum .much better adhesion, less needed to do the job .plus a better thinner consistency

ras_oscar

I have used sure jel without incident. I mixed it up at 1:1 and ended up with a thick paste that stays where I put it. When I mixed it up at 1.5:1, I got a thinner consistency that was easier to work with but needs to be stored in the frrige to keep it from molding. I have never noticed a taste on the head of the cigar, althoug I can detect a slight and not unpleasant citrus taste when sampling it directly from the jar..

Scotty

If wallpaper glue is cellulose. Is it ok to just pick up some Roman pro-543 and roll with it? I seen it on lowes website and checked the msds but I'm not sure. No ingredient list.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Since Roman pro-543 inhibits mold growth, etc. and is listed as carcinogenic by California, my guess is that it contains more than just the cellulose gum. When a company avoids listing the ingredients for wallpaper paste, it's got to have snakes and lizards hiding in there. Search for Bermacol. It's just the straight stuff.

Bob

DIY Pete

I use Xanthan gum. I got a bag (8 oz) from the local grocery store. Should be enough to roll about 250,000 cigars.
Pete

Scotty

Yeah I guess that was a dumb question. I realize I can order the right stuff online, but I’m just trying to find where I can get it in person. I looked in a couple of grocery stores and Walmart and can’t find xanthan gum, no cellulose at hobby lobby. There’s a few more places I haven’t looked yet that are bound to have something.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Walmart tends to shelve Xanthan gum with the "gluten free" stuff, I guess because that's the stuff you use to make fake bread.

Bob

RandyL

Walmart tends to shelve Xanthan gum with the "gluten free" stuff, I guess because that's the stuff you use to make fake bread.

Bob
That's where i found mine. Got a box with a bunch of mini packets for a 8 bucks I think. Enough to last me a few years

MarcL

I do not think twice about reaching over and grabbing the elmer's glue and using it instead of walking over and, making some or, even getting some from the frig. even better, the stick. cleaner and, dries faster. if it wasn't for the power of the gum tragacanth powder, I might just use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.