• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

FTT Store inventory

BigBonner

Founding Member
I will look in to those uline boxes they are what Im looking for , and the cheapest I have seen so far.

Most of the other boxes I looked at was like $6 to $7 a box . Time customers paid for boxes and shipping it made me feel like I was robbing them .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry,
Another possibility is to use boxes that are about 3/4 the length you need for the float trays, but adequate width in both directions for 6 to 10 trays. You place the trays into one box, with them extending out the top. Cut a second box in half, and close the bottom, slit the half-box corners partway down, then invert it and telescope it over the whole box. Tape in place. So each shipped parcel would use 1-1/2 of the under-size boxes.

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Then I have to add soil in a bag to fill the trays .
Larry, I believe that the U of Kentucky had an article about float trays and said you can make your own growing medium from peat, pearlite and vermiculite. That's what I plan to do next year. I suspect that since there are a lot of "experimenters" in this crowd, they will probably try the same thing.

Randy B