• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Got me a hookah...

Dean

I like it, a lot different to my usual smoking styles but nice none the less.

i didn't have a lot of money to spend so got a small 1 hose jobby. I have had a few bowls through it and I like it, not enough vitamins N for me to use it as a baccy smoke but I am going to rectify that. I'm using a handed down recipe from the supplier to get some nice molasses based smoke. I'll update as I progress. Supplier in this case means a small public bar offering hookah with their meals. Turns out the bloke I was smoking with was the mayor. A sympathiser for home grown and an aficionado of hookah.

im pretty happy with my purchase and will give me something to do in the off season.

i had a bowl of tombec, rolled sort of like a wet cigar. It was old stuff from before the baccy problems we have here, it was amazing wow holy crap was it a good smoke, traditional etc. said it was the last of his stash so to speak. He wouldn't get through the year on whT he had. It's a shame we have come to rations really, especially in a traditional sense.

Cheers and happy hookahs...

Dean

I made up some today, a few recipes, some baked some not with Samsun and Bafra. Added a bit of shirey for nicotine. I did unwashed as I want my vitamine N. Even at 6 hours old it smokes well. I'm impressed. Tastes just like raspberry cordial. Not my cup of tea but as an experiment went well. The commercial stuff I have are just too sweet, I have found mixing them 1:1 with home grown Turkish pleasing. Add a bit of honey to keep the concistency and let it sit a while to get my nicotine hit. I think I'm hooked if I can get the nico levels right so I don't need to have a cig half way through a bowl.

Dean

A quick question, do you smoke them like a bong or just sip at them like a pipe, I am having good results with a full lung draw.

Bruck

Hookahs are fun - got started on them when I worked in a sandy part of the world a few years ago. The commercial shisha tends to be low in the vitamin N department; haven't tried making it myself yet. Yet :)

leverhead

Hookahs are fun - got started on them when I worked in a sandy part of the world a few years ago. The commercial shisha tends to be low in the vitamin N department; haven't tried making it myself yet. Yet :)
Making shisha is pretty easy. What I'm smoking now is made with Don's dark air-cured, it's got plenty of nicotine and holds allot of moisture before getting drippy. Make bowl sized batches until you figure out what works/tastes best for you.

Bruck

Tnx. I'll have to give that a try. Lately I've been experimenting with making pipe tobacco out of my cigar scraps, perhaps I'll try shisha one of these days.