• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

green spots on tobacco leaves

burge

The new lemon has lots of Chlorophyll on it. First priming does as well. Newbies are not used to seeing leaf as growers are. All we are used to is shredded tobacco. I am on my 4th year ordering leaf. Taste is all based on the type of seed soil and growing conditions. Carolina ribbon is just a blending tobacco. I have bought it when able to get pipe tobacco to Canada.

FmGrowit

Founder
Staff member
Carolina ribbon is just a blending tobacco. I have bought it when able to get pipe tobacco to Canada.
As a matter of tradition, I give family members a quart jar of Wild Rice every Christmas. There are several different types and grades of Wild Rice on the market. Cultivated, usually grown in California and Minnesota. "Wild" (ironically), which mainly grows in upper Minnesota and southern Southern Ontario but peppered throughout Manitoba and Saskatchewan, "Wood parched", "hand winnowed", etc. etc.

Yesterday while wild rice shopping, I found some "All Natural Ojibwa wild rice" from a company located in Massachusetts. Not only did I not know the Ojibwa tribe lived in Massachusetts, but I certainly didn't know they grew wild rice there.

Branding is a wonderful thing, often misleading, but wonderful none the less.

Last edited:

burge

Virginia ie Canadian is the same as strawberry's ours are so much sweeter than the California kind. They are still strawberries each region produces quality fruit but tastes are different its all according to what you are used too. I have smoked some of the best Virginia in the world and thanks to you and Big continue to do so.

deluxestogie

Administrator
"All Natural Ojibwa wild rice" from a company located in Massachusetts.
Sounds like the "all natural Cuban Corojo 99 tobacco" I grow in my yard. (I bought my beautiful wood and hide, Ojibwa snowshoes in northern Minnesota--almost in Canada, but not Massachusetts. But they could have been made in Shanghai, from Jichimu wood and human skin. It's hard to know for sure.)

Bob

Re: green mold spots on tobacco leaves

I have had that or something similar in bags of izmir and one of the other orientals.