Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello, you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenhagen Forever

I'm back on the air again. It's been at least a year since I've been on here. My wife and I bought a piece of property here on the island January of 2017 and it was simply MAD getting moved onto it, then fall set in and I had a million things to do to get ready for winter.
Anyway, I started my first batch of dip today and it's cooking away. I had tobacco enough to make a batch from last year and ordered some from bigbonner to start getting on a freezer supply. I got land now and I'll attempt to grow a little tobacco this summer.

I did learn something on my last 2 batches last year. I rushed thru them and I skipped removing all the veins from the leaf. I removed the main center vein and only some of the thicker secondary veins in the fire cured and air cured. The burley got ground up with just the center pulled out. I did grind the center veins up and added that. You know, it didn't make any difference at all in the consistency. I cut probably 2 hours out of the prep time.

See you around the tobacco farm!

burge

From my experiences the stem holds the flavor and the veins are smokable. Usually for stems its the top 1/3 to 1/4 of the plant.

Copenhagen Forever

From my experiences the stem holds the flavor and the veins are smokable. Usually for stems its the top 1/3 to 1/4 of the plant.

Hi Burge. I put every stitch of the leaf in my batch but I was pulling every vein and grinding them separately.

Thanks Bob, My last frost date up here is may 31st. I got some time. I'm going to be growing for cigars. I had a Question for you but I'll post it in that forum.

greenmonster714

Hello and welcome back. I've never been to Maine but I did live in upstate NY and preparing for winter has to happen. Beautiful country up that way but brutal in winter. Best of luck on your summer crop.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday, I compared the 10-day weather forecast for Deer Isle, Maine with my own, here in southwest Virginia. They were nearly identical.

Bob

Copenhagen Forever

Charly, Hasse, GreenMonster, Thank you for the welcome.
I want to grow some cigar rolling tobacco. I bought some mata fina last year and really enjoyed it. I still got a 1/2 pound left. Ordered some mata fina and arapiraca wrapper which should be in tomorrow. The only other cigars I've tried and liked are the havana seed grown elsewhere. I don't know were I can buy seeds like that or what the tobacco is called but that's what I want to grow.

Bob, We line right up when it's SW but you get snow first.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.