• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Home made casing

Jabman

Hi all,

I decided to try to make my own casing (low on funds) so what I did was mix about* 1/2 cup distilled water with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 corn syrup, bring to boil for about* a minute then add about* 1/4 tea spoon of vegetable glycerin bring to a boil for about* another minute then took it off the heat and added about* an 1/8 tea spoon of butter rum flattering ( I used a product from a cake decorating company I found at Walmart, it comes in .125 OZ bottles). mixed that with another 1/4 cup of distilled water in a spray bottle and sprayed my shredded tobacco, put it in a jar for a bout a day then mixed it and let it sit for a day or two. I sprayed on a mix of about 60% Virginia red and 40% All natural Burly.
It mellowed out the cigs just enough to get rid of the the harshness I was getting but still kept most of the flavor of the leafs and still tasted like sa full flavor smoke.

I am wondering if anyone has tried a homemade casing.

chuditch

I found putting my tobacco in a fermenter for 6 weeks did the trick and improved it futher by letting it dry to 10% then putting it into an air tight container with a small glass of scotch. Now that was the best I did last season :)