Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I was given a Teck 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraord

Hi guys, found a Teck 1 on facebook but the guy didnt want to ship it, so I asked a handful of my buddies if they knew anyone in SC. One says "why whats down there?' So I post a pic, and a video of how it works. He says "Dude I have one that was my great grandfathers, do you want it?" Heck yeah I do!

Anyways the blades are in good shape (nothing a little wetstoning wont fix) and the board where the hinges went in was cracked (so I plan to flip it end for end and remount the hinges on the opposite side that is structurally sound).

The only thing it needs is a handle......anyone have any ideas?

gScgjEAl.jpg

NzZLzrsl.jpg

9bFfBdbl.jpg

ChinaVoodoo

Sweet find.
A handle should be simple. Use locking nuts with the plastic rings inside them to hold a 4" long bolt or longer. Find a plastic tube or drill out a dowel that will fit over the bolt shaft, but not the head. That way the bolt will stay firm and the tube will spin freely.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Antique shops and flea markets often carry crappy and cheap meat grinders and grain mills that have rather nice wood handles. Home Depot sells a replacement wood handle for a rose brick trowel that might work well.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.