• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Interesting news clip about burley priming.

jolly

Interesting article. I've both primed and stalk cured burley and I don't notice much difference -- I'll likely be priming again this year. I think some things to note -- they primed the whole plant at once -- then found they couldn't control rate of drying using facilities/techniques they'd previously used to stalk cure. I primed in three phases -- so in each phase the leaf was ready. For stalk curing, the middle of the plant was ready while the upper leaves weren't -- but they got there while hanging on the stalk.