• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is this mold/mildew?

I received some CT broadleaf maduro wrapper that arrived in a fairly high case. It has been working great so far. However, this morning, I noticed some ofnit has tiny black spots all over the lamina, top side. I didn't notice it before, but also, some leaves have it more than others. It does not scrape/wipe off with my nail. Is this likely to be some sort of mold growth or mildew? Regardless, I will be letting the leaf dry a bit for storage. However, is this still safe to use?

Attachments

deluxestogie

Administrator
I don't see much there. It's hard for me to tell what that is. I agree about storing a little drier. Habano 2000 and CT Broadleaf tend to be more hygroscopic than most other leaf, and need to be stored with less total moisture.

If you can't detect a moldy aroma, then I would be inclined to smoke the stuff. If specific areas do concern you, you may be able to simply cut them out, then smoke the stuff.

The CT Broadleaf that I grew myself seemed to be more prone to minimal fungal issues while still in the field. In that instance, it was (tobacco) blue mold, which is not a risk to human health, but may impact productivity.

Bob

burge

I don't think it is mold. Mold tends to be a little hairy spots on tobacco are more normal I think.