Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is this mold/mildew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowboardin58

I received some CT broadleaf maduro wrapper that arrived in a fairly high case. It has been working great so far. However, this morning, I noticed some ofnit has tiny black spots all over the lamina, top side. I didn't notice it before, but also, some leaves have it more than others. It does not scrape/wipe off with my nail. Is this likely to be some sort of mold growth or mildew? Regardless, I will be letting the leaf dry a bit for storage. However, is this still safe to use?

Attachments

• 20180830_134914.jpg
    20180830_134914.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180830_134908.jpg
    20180830_134908.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 45

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see much there. It's hard for me to tell what that is. I agree about storing a little drier. Habano 2000 and CT Broadleaf tend to be more hygroscopic than most other leaf, and need to be stored with less total moisture.

If you can't detect a moldy aroma, then I would be inclined to smoke the stuff. If specific areas do concern you, you may be able to simply cut them out, then smoke the stuff.

The CT Broadleaf that I grew myself seemed to be more prone to minimal fungal issues while still in the field. In that instance, it was (tobacco) blue mold, which is not a risk to human health, but may impact productivity.

Bob

burge

I don't think it is mold. Mold tends to be a little hairy spots on tobacco are more normal I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.