Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

More Tobacciana Bites the Dust - JR Cigar Statesville Outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In the past, I've occasionally made the 2 hour drive from my home down to Statesville, NC. It was the home of a JR Cigar retail outlet store. Their walk-in humidor occupied more floor space than my entire 3 bedroom house. When I would swing open the door, and enter, the blended aromas of a bazillion cigars would cause me to pause there, just to draw it in a few more times, before proceeding.

I recall a few times when, on the spur of the moment, I would hop into my car and just start heading down there. The anticipation would make me giddy. The drive back home was punctuated by reaching over to the purchased boxes and patting them with my hand.

Today, in reading a customer review of a particular cigar on the JR website, the customer expressed his regret that the Statesville outlet had closed. The review was dated 2015. If I had gotten the bug to drive down there, I certainly would not have checked to verify that it still exists. Four hours round trip.

All things pass.

Bob

Thedbs999

Bob

JR Cigars has moved to Mooresville. NC. Don't know where Mooresville NC is, but Google it. Looks like a nice store.

Dan

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Farther away. The round trip would be 5-1/2 hours. Definitely not worth it for an excursion to a cigar store--any cigar store.

They moved it closer to Charlotte, I'm sure for enticing more urban customers.

Bob

MarcL

I always look forward to stopping when going down 95. The first time I saw the place, I had to stop.

MarcL

One time I went by myself just to go there. Every other time just about someone else was rushing me. good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.