• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mosquito Protection that Works

Over at West Coast South Island New Zealand I camped out way up a river, years ago, looking for kyanite/fuschite, a blue/green stone, without any proper protection. First was getting eaten alive by sandflies that bite until it got dark. Then the mosquitos came out & I just hid under my sleeping bag. I was a bait... I ended finding a small piece, a pebble on the beach, not miles up the river toward the source.

Locals say 50% dettol (Dettol Topical Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid) & 50% olive oil is as good as anything to repel mosquitos. I've heard the same a few times. So you end up smelling like a hospital, but is better than being eaten alive... just shake in small bottle & apply to skin :)

Once working on a river side for a few years over summer months I used a harsh aerosol repellant. It worked very well having to re spray not often. Later I used same brand as a cream which had aloevera. Had to repeat & use more often but thats what I preferred at the time, a lesser poison with aloe...

Not sure if its available in USA, but google "dettol USA" & theres some more info...