Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

Scale for blending and consistency. Create a recipe card, so that good blends are repeatable. A uniform weight of filler made it easier for me to have consistent finished size.

The square is a ruler on one side. I used it as a guide to lay out the filler to the length i wanted.

Probably not necessary for you old pros, but it helped me a lot. This group was only my third time rolling, and first try at more than a couple at one time.

Indianamac

Scale for blending and consistency. Create a recipe card, so that good blends are repeatable. A uniform weight of filler made it easier for me to have consistent finished size.

The square is a ruler on one side. I used it as a guide to lay out the filler to the length i wanted.

Probably not necessary for you old pros, but it helped me a lot. This group was only my third time rolling, and first try at more than a couple at one time.

I see! I roll by leaf counts. I name my sticks & each one is a different blend. I'm up to 11. My method is hit or miss consistency, as you can tell, but hey-I'm not entering them in a beauty contest. I have given away alot of my sticks to family, friends & co-workers. They all say my sticks taste great and that's what's important.

Third time rolling & first try @ more than a couple-looks like a sucess to me! Your sticks look delicious!

Nikfits

Those are making me hungry. Looks great guys. Can't wait to role some of my own.
I just finished reading your growing thread DGBAMA and now to see what comes out of it.

Yeah, I can't wait. I don't know how many times I've said that. But really, I can't.
Those Cigars are the fishing hook for the grow.

webmost

So far, my only blending method is whatever I have on hand. Ought to do better, I know.

I have been attempting to master the small perfecto. So far, the small perfecto has been kicking my azz. Here is one of my better looking ones:

myperfecto.jpg

marksctm

I got some cigar bands off ebay, and number each cigar and log each cigars filler blend, binder, wrapper, and weight of filler blend.
Anal I know, but now I pick a favorite off the logs and match the blend I liked.
Pardon the zip ties, for just me I zip'em and drop in humidor, if I'm giving them to someone I take cigar cutter below zip tie, snip off pig tail, and cap them.

DSCN3362.jpg DSCN3366.jpg DSCN3364.jpg DSCN3370.jpg

Ben Brand

20131118_150529-1.jpg
These are 2 of my recent cigars. One was a maduro F Sumatra wrapper and the other a Zim Spanish wrapper. Dgbama I also use a scale. Rolling mu h more consistent igars with it. Chris those cigars of yours are fine lookins specimens. Hope they smole as well as they look.

Ben Brand

Chris, do I see cable ties at the back of your ccigars? Is that yo kep the wrapper tight at the back. I'm still struggling with the back of my cigars, making a pigs tail is the best way for me. Dgbama yous are looking good too. Cant wait for my new wrappers to grow big, zo I can dry them, at the moment iuse anything for wrappers, as long as I can smoke something. Flippen addicted to my cigars now.

marksctm

Ben Brand said:
Chris those cigars of yours are fine lookins specimens. Hope they smole as well as they look.
Chris, do I see cable ties at the back of your ccigars?

Scales help's a lot, for me anyway on consistency.

And a fine looking cigar you have there.

After about 200 or more cigars now, they smoke great, for me, just getting the filler high enough in case to pleat and not break is the key, I have less of a chance of rolling them too tight, I (can!) roll them too tight with low, LOW case filler, but not too often.

Yes Sir, cable ties, firm's the head up nice and draws, or tapers head, let them set up 30 minutes or so, cut pig tail off and cap. or leave them like that, and before you give one away, then you can cut and cap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indianamac

So far, my only blending method is whatever I have on hand. Ought to do better, I know.

I have been attempting to master the small perfecto. So far, the small perfecto has been kicking my azz. Here is one of my better looking ones:

I hear ya'on those perfectos. You have a good look'n one right there!!

Indianamac

I got some cigar bands off ebay, and number each cigar and log each cigars filler blend, binder, wrapper, and weight of filler blend.
Anal I know, but now I pick a favorite off the logs and match the blend I liked.
Pardon the zip ties, for just me I zip'em and drop in humidor, if I'm giving them to someone I take cigar cutter below zip tie, snip off pig tail, and cap them.

Not @ all anal. I log mine also. By logging, I have eliminated a couple of blends that I didn't care for. You have some good look'n smokes there!!

Indianamac

These are 2 of my recent cigars. One was a maduro F Sumatra wrapper and the other a Zim Spanish wrapper. Dgbama I also use a scale. Rolling mu h more consistent igars with it. Chris those cigars of yours are fine lookins specimens. Hope they smole as well as they look.

How do you like the Sumatra? Any comparisons?

buck

DSC_0099.jpg

These are my first attempts at rolling.

The first on the left is a Dominican Seco, Criollo Seco 98,Habano Viso and Aleman Oscuro wrapper blend, next two are pure Criollo 98, next two are pure Dominican. Just wanted to see what each individual type smoked like so I can recognize the taste later when I blend.

All done by hand, no mold and only a wrapper on the first.

DGBAMA

Look good Buck. Enjoy your first smoke. There is a certain satisfaction knowing that they dont come from a box with a big price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.