Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

Once I have the wrapper cased up to where I like it (like fine, plump, fluffy stretchy leather, no moistness) I let it dry a little bit by opening the mouth of the casing bag slightly; then I take it outside and mist it in direct sunlight, keep it in the sun for x minutes, then rebag it in a warmish environment; then repeat until I have the color I want. Then re-case as necessary to the right dry plump fluffy stretchiness. If the leaf is "good" then it doesn't lose stretchiness or burn quality with this procedure. This kind of moisture+warmth-to-darken technique goes back at least to 1850, which is about as far as I've found any documents on it. That's probably around the time that the marketers figured out that "brown = tasty" in the consumers' minds. That is the very reason people were patenting all kinds of "make it darker brown" techniques and devices in the 1800s and 1900s. I do it because I don't like greenish-beige.
Thanks for sharing this method, I might try it to see what I can get :)
When you say "rebag it in a warmish environment" you mean warmish than in full sun ?

RandyL

Thanks.

Here're some browned-up (re-case twice in bright sunlight) coronas in Indonesian Sumatra:
tumblr_pf215cjqfJ1uro5dko1_1280.jpg
I accidentally did this with some h2k in the past and it turned out amazing. The color changed to a deep brown thats reminiscent of some of my favorite commercial cigars that use h2k.

waikikigun

Thanks for sharing this method, I might try it to see what I can get :)
When you say "rebag it in a warmish environment" you mean warmish than in full sun ?
I mean that I'm maintaining warmth through the whole process because even when I come back inside and re-bag the stuff, it's pretty warm, 80F+. Might not make a difference, but I notice that the leaves are still getting darker while they're in the bag.

jonny

Interesting, don't forget to post a picture with the doll and the cigars !
Just a question : why did you close both ends of the cigars ?
Unfriendly she is a bit touched and doesn't like to have her "childrens/grandchildrens" picture taken.

Why did i close both ends? Dont know i about always do.
i did fire one up to have a smoking look. Now i need to seal it.
will post a pic after. lol

MarcL

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The final cigars are handsome. But I worry that the filler may be radioactive. You can actually see it actively irradiating like a neon sign in the second photo. I have instructions on how to build a radiation detector, if you need them.

Bob

MarcL

I don't know but, I read recently that once a flash color curing occurs for canela, there is no turning back.

Let us know if a ultra violet light does anything at all.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The persistent chlorophyll can be eventually bleached out with direct sunlight. The problem is that persistent chlorophyll means an area of the lamina has not finished its other homework assignment of metabolizing the carbs and proteins. So the leaf may look better, but that part of the leaf never cured (i.e. tastes crummy). On a wrapper, it may look okay, and the taste may not matter, but the uncured patch won't stretch as well as the rest of the leaf.

Bob

EDIT: Candela has minimal taste as a wrapper, but is just awful when used in a filler.

Scotty

4D14416C-67C2-427F-8090-064982A391C5.jpegF49EEA43-D28E-417D-BDAF-23B47C8887E9.jpeg
This is the last one I posted, but now I’m burning it. I’m so thrilled to be able to get tobacco and roll my own and I must say it’s a fine cigar too. That’s from the terroso profundo kit from wlt. I do have a mold, 6x36x50 piramide and have rolled 10 others since that cigar in the picture. A few days ago received 2 other blend kits from wlt. Can’t wait to get the time to fool with them.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Are they butt ugly? Not really.
Would I smoke them? You bet!

They look well bunched and snugly wrapped. If you wrap with the secondary veins parallel to the axis of the cigar, they will look just like my own. But that's mostly an aesthetics quibble.

Bob

jonny

Are they butt ugly? Not really.
Would I smoke them? You bet!

They look well bunched and snugly wrapped. If you wrap with the secondary veins parallel to the axis of the cigar, they will look just like my own. But that's mostly an aesthetics quibble.

Bob

Thank you. ill try and remember that tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.