• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Shirazi

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I don't know if this is the correct spot to post this one.
All I know about this plant is, that it is a Turkish type grown in Iran. A 60 day plant with a very nice flavor and aroma.
Any one have a clue on it? I would like to grow this one. I think it may be spelled SHERAZI. Not sure yet.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Re: Sherani

Yes the plant is called Sherazi. It is a Turkish but other than that I know nothing else. I believe several members here have grown it.

Jpcouling

I like this stuff a lot! My friends at Daggawalla sent me a sample and it is good in a pipe or cigarette. The smoke is spicy, Turkish aroma and taste, and if you inhale it had a nice throat hit.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Thanks Bob, I realy wasn't sure how to spell it. (like I can spell) I did a hunt and blew it. Thats why I asked. It was brought up in a conversation so I fig. I would look in to it.

leverhead

Sounds like it will be in My grow now if I can get it. Long grow season here.
It may flower in or around 60 days, for me it was around 100 days when I harvested it. Very thick leaves, it wouldn't stay lit in a cigarette. It has plenty of nicotine, both pluses in the Hookah. I've been told that in Iran it's fertilized well, topped and irrigated when necessary. It might be a good plant for you, it's pretty rugged.