Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The next contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Banned
Just wait FM, I've sen this hundreds of times and I bet jitterbug is right. I used to do group buys and stopped posting an ending date just for that reason. everyone waited until the very last minute to place orders. Plus it seriously increases the odds of winning if you wait until 30 seconds before the bell.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
One thing most people don't know is, even after the closing bell the numbers
are adjusted the final numbers can change as much as 20 points after the market closes.
Depending on the volume that day and financial reports and how long it takes for all the data to be posted.
I see it every day when I watch Neil Cavuto at 3:00 PM on Fox

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i dont think you should be able to edit your guess,,,,

what you put down now should stand,,,,

we can all come close if we can edit one hour before the closing bell?????

BigBonner

Founding Member
My guess is 9813

I was going to add one onto DKH2's number just to mess with him .

BarG

Founding Member
I'll bet if theres any serious ebay consumers out ther they will wait till the closing bell before final entry, 55.55 and i'm sticking to it, [ probably why I miss out on ebay sales.]

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Was 60.46 the answer ?

Yes, that is the last four digits of today's closing number. Remove the decimal point and that would be the winning number if the contest ended today.

Here' is where I'll get the winning number from on Monday http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/

Anyone who enters a number with a decimal, will have the number counted as a whole number (your decimal point will be ignored). If you want to enter a fraction to avoid a tie, your number must be entered in half numbers only. (2345 1/2, 4823 1/2) etc.) If someone enters 34.56 and the closing number is 34.56, they win. If someone enters 3456 and the closing number is 34.56, they win.

BarG

Founding Member
how about a post or thread with the most substantiave replys or new posts in regard to subject matter. Must be interesting, for people to respond, over start to stop date.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The Dow Jones is an unpredictably oscillating, fractal-like value, that is, its closing value is a change from its previous closing value, but with an unpredictable magnitude of change. The present contest looks at a number in the ballpark of 12,000.00 and then evaluates only the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th significant digits. What you can expect is pretty close to a random number between 0 and 9999. The average, 5555, is no more probable than 0000, or any other value in that range. Each distinct value has a probability of 1 in 10,000, which is a lot better than the Lotto, but still not very promising.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) there is a website that will generate a truly random number for you. Go to http://www.random.org/integers/

generate 1 random integer between 0 and 9999

Here's my number.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.