• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Toasted or cavendish ???

Muggs

I have been busy since christmas with experimentation with my tobacco leafs , different methods have been used in different ways , this is some of what i have been doing ,i was thinking of an alternative method to make cavendish , a method who does not need for so much surveillance ,as in this thread by deluxestogie (http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads...ndish-Pipe-Tobacco?highlight=making+cavendish ) should it be called stoved or cavendish or stovendish:D:confused:

Any way i just soaked the leafs (soggy) and put them in an ovenproof lunch box with an air thight lid ( moist must stay inside the box), and let them stay in for 24 hours in 90°C (194 F)

The first picture , lemon virginia (from Don) soaked with water, right after i take it out of the oven after 24 hours (what aroma , i wish it was possible to transfer the scent with the post)

Before and after , middle picture

Bottom picture , burley to the left, (lemon virginia to the right) needed 48 hours in 90°C to get them brown as showed in the picture , if 10% sugar added in 100gr of water they became more black , but it will be a sweeter taste and i like the burley taste as it will be by this process
To make this Cavendish.the tobacco goes through the fermenting stage right.