Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Virginia Bright Leaf seeds available

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyebob

Organic tobacco Guru
I know it is not a rare seed but I have about 750 trillion Virginia Bright Leaf seeds . We let about 25 plants go to seed last fall and they were huge. Especially the seed group that was planted on the ground where I kept my compost pile for the previous 10 years. Most were 10 feet high with HUGE leaves. It is the mildest tobacco ever. Too mild for me actually. I been adding semi-oriental to it to spice it up. The stalks were nearly 4 inches across at the bottom. Tobacco trees. Germination rate is in the very high 90's when we tested them last month.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Re: 2013 FTT Seed Collection distribution program

I know it is not a rare seed but I have about 750 trillion Virginia Bright Leaf seeds . We let about 25 plants go to seed last fall and they were huge. Especially the seed group that was planted on the ground where I kept my compost pile for the previous 10 years. Most were 10 feet high with HUGE leaves. It is the mildest tobacco ever. Too mild for me actually. I been adding semi-oriental to it to spice it up. The stalks were nearly 4 inches across at the bottom. Tobacco trees. Germination rate is in the very high 90's when we tested them last month.
Were the blossoms bagged? If not, were there any different varieties anywhere's near by? Thanks. -·-

buckeyebob

Organic tobacco Guru
Re: 2013 FTT Seed Collection distribution program

The blossoms were not bagged but they were growing in an isolated rural area with nothing but agricultural crops for miles around. This year the Bright Leaf was the only crop. The purity of the strain will be intact I am sure. The blossoms were a vibrant pink and my local Hummingbirds visited them every morning and evening to feed . They live in my woods in the river valley in some woodpecker holes . I doubt their range is much over a mile with the abundance of nectar available here on my farm. Wild orchids and daylilies by the thousands. The tobacco must have been a treat though. they visited every morn and eve and brought their hatchlings after they got big enough. It was a regular sight that we enjoyed every night sitting on the front porch watching as the sun went down and for sunrise too when we weren't too busy in the morning. That's the big deal out here . Sunrise and sunset with the birds singing and cooing to their babies. I don't think I could ever leave the boondocks and live in town again.

docfitch1

I just joined the forum and am thinking I would like to try growing a mild tobacco for blending (I ordered Barinas and Mopan Mayan and am not sure how strong they will be in a pipe). How would I go about obtaining some of the Virginia Bright Leaf seeds that you have? Ken

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I just joined the forum and am thinking I would like to try growing a mild tobacco for blending (I ordered Barinas and Mopan Mayan and am not sure how strong they will be in a pipe). How would I go about obtaining some of the Virginia Bright Leaf seeds that you have? Ken
I assume you are a pipe smoker?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You could also experiment with whole leaf from www.wholeleaftobacco.com. It will be good experience in working up your own leaf once you've grown some and you can start saving money now. The site is owned by the founder of this forum. FmGrowit, better known as Don. A good guy with great leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.