Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

this is where I'm at.

r8edAYJ.png

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Click on Advanced. I'm not sure if the security certificate issue is a new one, or if specific browsers are now becoming pickier.

Select the option to give up your first born, and put your life at risk.

Bob

EDIT: I've PM'd Don regarding the issue, since he probably no longer sees that warning screen.

Last edited:

MarcL

www.wholeleaftobacco.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.fastshoppingcart.com, fastshoppingcart.com Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

let me send you the code in a pm.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
No need. My guess is that the previous security certificate specifically for WLT was misplaced or misconnected while the site was being restored today. Don should now be aware of the issue, and will have to set up the proper certificate.

Once you click through to just go ahead to WLT, you will no longer see the warning message.

Bob

Arun

this is where I'm at.

r8edAYJ.png
The reason you see that warning is because, we don't have an SSL certificate for this site.

Meaning this site can be accessed only with http version & not https version.

stic

I was using Windows XP (circa 2002) on my desktop computer (purchased in 2000) until 2013.

Bob

I'm STILL using XP, as, it's the only decent version with user access to everything, and, most of my very expensive graphic design and photo editing software does not work in later versions...

I don't 'cloud'. or 'flake book' so no need for all the crap addon's to newer OS's...

I also refuse to 'rent' software...I want to own it, so, even if I could afford to update photoshop and design premium every time they tweak a newer version, I refuse to pay more than once.

Call me old fashioned, but i'm a bit old fashioned...:sneaky:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I use Photoshop 6.0 on my Windows 10 Pro system on nearly a daily basis, and Adobe Illustrator CS (circa 2002). Bryce 6.0 works fine. Hexagon 2.5 runs well. Poser 6.5 also worked well on Windows 10 pro. My 3dsMax went belly up with Vista. So Discreet is the only villain among them.

If you use Windows 10 Pro, instead of the Home edition, you have far more control than XP, plus you can use Group Policy to finely tweak all sorts of things XP users only dreamed of. You just have to learn how to use these sophisticated, administrative tools.

Bob

stic

I use the design premium CS3 package, photoshop, in Design, illustrator etc...

I had to buy a copy of Windows 7 to load on a laptop as my new camera (7d2) would not work with XP...

Also have to convert the camera's RAW files to DNG's to be able to open in Photoshop CS3...

However, my XP office suite still works, even the email, so no need to update any time soon...

I also use remote drives for all storage, including placing 'my documents' on a remote drive, due to a serious crash a few years ago that saw me lose ALL the files (photos and text) of our magazine's cover car...

Tense few days until the drive could be read and copied...

stic

I was using Windows XP (circa 2002) on my desktop computer (purchased in 2000) until 2013. Sometimes, you just have to make the leap.

Bob

Hey, we're almost half way through 2019 and I STILL use XP...haven't seen anything I like better so far...

BarG

Founding Member
I woke up this morning and freaked out! I was still me but handsomer.

I hope you computer whizz guys are good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.