Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What to grow for RYO Cigarette use? QC Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Tobaccoman

Hey Someguy,

I'm in Edmonton, and I want you to know the flue cured tobacco which I've grown that turned out the best was called Delhi 34. It was developed at the Delhi, Ontario research station. I, personally want to try other Canadian flue cured tobaccos. One of the reputed best is called Delgold. I haven't tried it, but it has a solid reputation. They sell the seeds at northwestseeds.com

If you're interested pm me and I'll send you some Delhi 34 seeds. Otherwise, try Delgold. I'm going to, myself.
I grew Del Gold this summer in Connecticut. It was easy to grow, matured fast, and is air curing to a light brown. Very happy with it. According to Northwest Seeds, Del Gold has been grown in the Ontario flue cured belt.

skychaser

Hey Someguy,

I'm in Edmonton, and I want you to know the flue cured tobacco which I've grown that turned out the best was called Delhi 34. It was developed at the Delhi, Ontario research station. I, personally want to try other Canadian flue cured tobaccos. One of the reputed best is called Delgold. I haven't tried it, but it has a solid reputation. They sell the seeds at northwestseeds.com

If you're interested pm me and I'll send you some Delhi 34 seeds. Otherwise, try Delgold. I'm going to, myself.

It's http://northwoodseeds.com Scroll down on the left side to see the tobacco seed list. nwtseeds.com is our wholesale site for tobacco seed for 5 grams and up. Northwoodseeds is our retail site for tobacco seed and all the other seed we sell. All our e-mail for both sites goes to nwtseeds@aol.com. And all our PayPal invoices say they are from nwtseeds. Some people find this a little confusing, but it makes it much simpler for us. I like simple.

The Delhi 34 seed you sent me did very well here. Good production, ripened well in my short season, and cured very easily. I have some hanging to age a little before I try it. I'd say it's a keeper for northern tier growers. It did not take even a light frost well at all and was devastated by the first night below freezing. So pick it early. I am starting my tobacco seed harvesting this week and should have seed available in a few weeks

The Ternopolski 7 in the row next to it wasn't even touched by the first frost. It is one of the few tobaccos that I have grown that has any real resistance to frost, I really like Ternopolski 7. I know Wes likes it too. Great plant in every way. If it has a downside it would be it's height. Very tall plants tend to be more prone to blow downs, but in saying that, I have never had a Ternopolski go down yet. I like all the Ostrolist types. But even though they all ripen fairly early, some are very late bloomers, which makes it really difficult for me to get good seed. But for top quality leaf production, they are hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.