• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Custom Cigar Box

deluxestogie

Administrator
WLT's Home for Orphan Cigars

You've ordered leaf from WLT. You've learned to roll tasty, smokable cigars. And they're beginning to look nice as well. Rather than store them (or present them as a gift) in a Tupperware tub, you can now place your beauties into a comparably unique box. It is well made and beautifully finished. The lettering and figuring are lightly embossed, and filled with a solid, glossy black.

Any premium cigar maker would be pround to see his (or her) works of cigar art displayed in this. It says "Churchill." Since the late Prime Minister and legendary cigar smoker puffed on cigars of every size, feel free to fill your WLT Cigar Box with whatever size or sizes you roll.

In the image above, note that the ruler extends below zero on the scale. So it comes in at ~1.5".

From side to side, it measures just under 8", and front to back is about 7.125".

You don't have to tell anyone that it's just the box that was hand made in the Dominican Republic.

At the time of writing this, I don't yet have the retail pricing.

Bob

Charly

That's a good idea !
Very nice box !
A very good opportunity to show our best cigars, an maybe to show off a little :D

MarcL

Wow! Spanish cedar inserts, 20 Churchill's, very nice! I want some.. but I'm gonna tell um its just the box though.

FmGrowit

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the review Bob.

We had a ton of damage during shipping and in the process of "repairing" them. Most of the damage is minor scuffs to the finish, Some of the boxes were completely destroyed. I'll be offering these repair scuffed boxes to members in some sort of package deal.

FmGrowit

Founder
Staff member
Yeah bad timing on your last order but, you order frequently enough, I'll save one for you.

I miss one front photo with lid a bit open. If I'm not mistaken this box is made as humidor, right?
Price?
Hi Max, Yes, these can be used as a short-term desktop humidor. Once conditioned, the wood will swell a little to make a nice tight seal.

deluxestogie

Administrator
More Views

The inside of the lid looks like Spanish cedar to my eyes. But the outer box--all except the bottom, seem to be solid Spanish cedar, rather than veneer. The inserts are there, of course, to improve closure of the lid.

There are no hinges, but a pivot pin in each rear corner of the lid.

The bottom seems to be a Spanish cedar-veneered, laminated board, similar to what is used on nearly every cigar box.

That view shows the only obvious veneer in its construction. The view of the back hinge area might suggest a veneer on the underside of the lid, but I don't think it is.

Bob

MarcL

Yeah bad timing on your last order but, you order frequently enough, I'll save one for you.
Thanks Don. that damage could have been avoided by proper packaging I'd bet. I am looking forward to your latest Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo leaf listing so it shouldn't be to long.. I'm going to try to wait for the Mata Fina to re-stock. if it doesn't take to long that is.