Whole Leaf Tobacco

2014 Knucklehead Grow Blog

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I cleaned and kept 2-3 bagged heads per variety, except for about 10 varieties I only had one bag. I sent in around 5000 seed each of 50 varieties to FTT seed bank and to another member that is keeping a back up of all the varieties. I still have plenty for swapping. It was one hell of a job. I'm cutting back to about 5 varieties this year and will concentrate on strictly leaf.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I'm cutting back to about 5 varieties this year and will concentrate on strictly leaf.
Can we hold you to that?... :)

After swearing on a stack of Bibles that this year I was only going to grow 1 new variety I've managed to keep it down to only 3 new varieties. Next year it'll just be 1..... promise!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i think this year i have more varities than ive ever grown,,

but a lot of those are cigar, for cigg flavourings,, and i may try my luck at making some more stoggies,????

Knucklehead

Founding Member
i think this year i have more varities than ive ever grown,,

but a lot of those are cigar, for cigg flavourings,, and i may try my luck at making some more stoggies,????
You should definitely make some more stogies. I loved that video you posted, I laughed my ass off.

Gmac

I went to a rattlesnake roundup in in Cisco, Texas in 1958. (I was a young boy.) The Humane Society was there telling them how to humanely kill them. But I always thought your method was best or whatever's handy.
Gmac

Last edited: