Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2018... My Most Challenging and Biggest Grow Ever--Levi Gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I would move them somewhere for drying, and maybe even exposure to sunlight. The mold seems to be on the succulent stems. You can spray with the H[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]2[/sub].

Bob

ciennepi

In the past I often had mold on the stem of leafs that are air drying. Now when the leaf are brown I cut out the most part of the stem and put the leafs flat in a cardboard box to dry completly.

BarG

Founding Member
Levi, you have a most interesting grow .You will be fine . You had some great pics. I don't like any molds. You can separate the mold from your leaves maybe , it looks primarily on the stems.

Charly

In the past I often had mold on the stem of leafs that are air drying. Now when the leaf are brown I cut out the most part of the stem and put the leafs flat in a cardboard box to dry completly.
I do exactly the same as Ciennepi, when the weather becomes too humid (soon in my location) I remove the main stem as soon as my leaves are "enough" color cured and I finish the drying on papers in my house.

Levi Gross

Levi, you have a most interesting grow .You will be fine . You had some great pics. I don't like any molds. You can separate the mold from your leaves maybe , it looks primarily on the stems.
Thank you BarG it was a real challenge to keep up with but we had a successful season!

Levi Gross

I do exactly the same as Ciennepi, when the weather becomes too humid (soon in my location) I remove the main stem as soon as my leaves are "enough" color cured and I finish the drying on papers in my house.
I believe that I will try this course of action as soon as I get the free time thanks for the advice!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That's looking excellent for Little Yellow. I grew Little Yellow quite a few years back, and really enjoyed the round and full aromas, but I didn't achieve a really dark-air color.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Little Yellow is an heirloom, dark-air variety. Short stature, but large leaves. My Little Yellow was considerably milder than most other dark-air that I've sampled, but that may or may not have been a fluke. While growing, the leaves are a fairly light color, and densely covered with sticky trichomes (leaf hairs). Mine could have been used in just about any tobacco preparation (cigarettes, cigars, pipe, smokeless).

I think I may grow it again in 2019, now that I'm better at tobacco growing and curing than I was then.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.