Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2022 grow by BT

Radagast

They have emerged here somewhat recently and limitless hunting had been employed as a countermeasure until this year. Feral pigs can do a high degree of damage to an ecosystem. In my understanding of it, hunting wild pigs was made illegal here in case the animal is an escaped pet.

plantdude

There are restrictions on hunting invasive species (feral pig) where you are?
Yes, on public land. They used to be open season year round, about five years ago they changed it to limit hunting to only a few areas during the one week deer season on most wildlife management areas. The states reasoning being that hunting is less effective than trapping and hunting hinders trapping efforts on public land. My argument to that is that it takes away hunting revenue and a food source from many people here while increasing the burden on tax payers to pay for state financed trapping efforts. I've seen the hog population explode since they have started this. Personally I think they made a very bad call on that one.
On private land hogs can be taken year round. The problem is that many farmers down here have formed corporations and are farming hundreds of acres of land. These aren't the small 40 acre farms America had many of years ago. The farmers don't want the expense of hiring professional trappers or hunters to control the population and expect the state to manage the hogs for them. At the same time many of the farmers also don't want people hunting on their land, which to some extent I can understand due to liability issues. The way the whole mess is managed sets up pretty a nice niche for the hogs to thrive in.

I did get a nice boar during deer season last year on public land. Weighed about 120 pounds and was excellent eating, about like regular store bought pork. With only a one week modern gun season on most public land a lot of hunters tend to opt for taking a deer rather than shooting a hog and helping out the cause though. I'm not picky;)

Brown Thumb

Hilled the reds whites and blues for the second time. One more time if my son don’t bail on me. 28 tractor buckets of dirt so far.
I gots a middle buster to dig them anyone ever use one to harvest potatoes.
I read they damage some of the potatoes?
Oh well this is I guess farming is all about.
Good years and Bad.
250+ plants.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 9