Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

aging the tobacco

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

What sort of tobacco are you asking about? How was it "fermented"? How is it being stored?

Bob

Smileysmile66

The tobacco has been fermented in mason jars in a kiln for about a month. The types of tobacco are Goose creek red, Shirey, KY 15, Catterton, Harrow velvet and Virginia gold.
My goal is to roll my own cigarettes with the finished product. I hope you could give me some advice . :)

P-A

Alpine

Let the kilned tobacco “breathe” for a couple of days to a couple of weeks. I’m assuming it no longer releases ammonia here. Shred, blend, let it sit for a couple of days, then roll and enjoy.
BTW Goose Creek Red is one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) strains, a good smoke on its own. Add a pinch of Catterton (my favorite Maryland), two pinches of Turkish (I suggest prilep) and sprinkle with some yellow rustica (for the vitamin N) and there you have an exceptional everyday smoke.
You can substitute Maryland with Burleys if you prefer a “manly” smoke.
I lightly mist all my shredded tobacco with a mixture of water and honey (a teaspoon per liter) for a touch of sweetness and (supposed) antimicrobial properties.

pier