Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

All sale to first time customers from New Zealand have been suspended.

tommayo88

Might need to combine forces with anyone who has had trouble with MPI & flick/rentokil heat treatment. Try and create a guarantee and standard procedure for us.
You would think that in the name of preventing contraband, they would create a system that provides confidence in the consumers that if they go through the appropriate channels, that they will get their product intact.

Last edited by a moderator:

rikkiracon

Don't hold your breath. Mine turned up just now; and it's burnt to a crisp, completely unusable!

I will now have to file a complaint about my product being destroyed!

$285 us dollars, AND the $NZ90 I paid for them to completely FUCK it!
Sorry to hear that Stic, I currently have an order on its way to NZ. My last 2 orders were delayed by both flic and rentokill but the tobacco arrived in perfect condition. Who burnt yours?

stic

Flick...

Just rang them, and have been given email addresses for the guy who does the treatment and his boss.

The girl said it was an unfortunate risk, but I disagree.

If there is risk to my product in the method of fumigation, then they should find another way to treat it, or, DO IT PROPERLY the first time!

This heating to kill bugs CAN be done with little to no damage to product; this is evidenced by many. many previous shipments arriving in perfect condition!

This is either the wrong calibration, or sloppy workmanship...

Either way, it cost me more than NZ$500...

tommayo88

I agree it shouldn't be a risk of importing leaf matter into nz!

reading rentokil heat treatment page they say

" The oven sizes used are a 26m3 ovens and a 80m3 oven
All our ovens use convection heating technology to minimise as far as possible any chance of the product being burnt or ignited
We have been heat treating for over 15 years and we have never had a burnt product" - Rentokil

can't find info on Flick heat treatment

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm in the process of facilitating three distribution/fulfillment centers in NZ. They are independent of WLT, but they wll be distributing our tobacco. These wholesale orders are processed through a customs broker in NZ who clears the tobacco the standard way via a United States Department of Agriculture Phytosanitary Certificate. A USDA inspector comes to my warehouse and physically inspects the tobacco to assure it meets new Zealand's agricultural import restrictions and for anything that can be detrimental to New Zealand's ecology. This means the tobacco will not be bastardized by the heat treated process.

These three independent companies will offer my tobacco for direct sales within new Zealand. Yes, you are going to pay more for the tobacco, but you will receive it in a timely manner AND it will be the product and the quality you have come to expect from us. Agreeing to supply these three companies also provides a competitive aspect to their sales. While competition is not necessarily good for the seller, it is always good for the buyer.

I truly look forward to the day I can remove New Zealand as one of the country's in the shipping options on my website.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I agree it shouldn't be a risk of importing leaf matter into nz!

reading rentokil heat treatment page they say

" The oven sizes used are a 26m3 ovens and a 80m3 oven
All our ovens use convection heating technology to minimise as far as possible any chance of the product being burnt or ignited
We have been heat treating for over 15 years and we have never had a burnt product" - Rentokil

can't find info on Flick heat treatment
As I have mentioned at least several times here. FLIC is the company you want to select when given the option. This information and spelling of the name comes from a customer who recently received his tobacco in good condition using FLIC as the heat treatment company.

tommayo88

I'm in the process of facilitating three distribution/fulfillment centers in NZ. They are independent of WLT, but they wll be distributing our tobacco. These wholesale orders are processed through a customs broker in NZ who clears the tobacco the standard way via a United States Department of Agriculture Phytosanitary Certificate. A USDA inspector comes to my warehouse and physically inspects the tobacco to assure it meets new Zealand's agricultural import restrictions and for anything that can be detrimental to New Zealand's ecology. This means the tobacco will not be bastardized by the heat treated process.

These three independent companies will offer my tobacco for direct sales within new Zealand. Yes, you are going to pay more for the tobacco, but you will receive it in a timely manner AND it will be the product and the quality you have come to expect from us. Agreeing to supply these three companies also provides a competitive aspect to their sales. While competition is not necessarily good for the seller, it is always good for the buyer.

I truly look forward to the day I can remove New Zealand as one of the country's in the shipping options on my website.

Sorry for the headache

stic

Flic (actually 'Flick-Anticimex') are the one's who have just fried my package to a crisp...

I have just been made aware that we (NZ residents) can actually import this tobacco through a broker ourselves, and, as mentioned, this eliminates the heat treatment...

This may have to be the way the next order is made, because 5 hours today for me to process 1lb into shredded, smokeable tobacco (steaming the leaves to separate, then again and again to 're case' and unfold enough to put through a shredder) is not good enough for me...especially as I have another 9lb to process yet.

Nor is the rather burnt aftertaste of my red leaf, which USED to taste amazing...in previous un-burnt deliveries.

myboysarge

Sounds good to me. I look forward to any updates on this.

myboysarge

I'm looking forward to hearing from customs / mpi :) this is my first try importing WLT. My tobacco has been quiet since it hit chicago. All very exciting. Has anyone had some positive experiences with customs & mpi? :)
Hey bro, I had an order finally received on 14th April that was sent on the 9th of Jan. Other than the waiting, my order showed up fine. Guess I got lucky with the heat treatment. I followed JennyLeez advice and went with Rentokil.

myboysarge

ka pai! hope the growing is well up your way mate! cheers
Growing season is done for me for now. I’m stoked my order from WLT come through alright, that will keep me going for a few months while I have a go at curing my own leaves. Just in case I mess things up,,,I did put in another order today which I’m not in a rush to receive
I might even try get a few seedlings going in the greenhouse over winter.

stic

All went smooth for me. Had my tobacco in perfect condition via rentokil in under a month from ordering to doorstep. May your lemons remain lemon, your stogies stogey, your perique heavenly and your dark air cured sparkle in the sun.

Did your letter include an option for rentokil?

I've only ever had the option of Flick...

clandesdiner

You would think that in the name of preventing contraband, they would create a system that provides confidence in the consumers that if they go through the appropriate channels, that they will get their product intact.
Nope, too sensible. You have to remember these are the same clowns who used to walk through an international flight with a can of fly spray before allowing anybody off. Oh how we laughed- so did the foreigners not used to such foolishness. Oh and the bugs still got in. MPI tossers.