TN 90
Latakai
Long red
Pa broadleaf
Havana 263
hickory pryor
habano 2000

Biggbooboo

Will this be your first year growing tobacco? Assume you have a pretty big garden! Also you listed a mix of pipe/cig tobaccos and cigar tobaccos. What are your plans for curing Va vs Burley vs cigar? Best of luck on your grow!
Might not plant it all. And yes I have a lot of land I can plant on. For cureing I have several buildings I could hang it in. Can sun cure some. And for fermentation I have several xl incubators that hold temp and humidity all digital

Attachments

• 20220801_130716.jpg
    20220801_130716.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7

Biggbooboo

Might not plant it all. And yes I have a lot of land I can plant on. For cureing I have several buildings I could hang it in. Can sun cure some. And for fermentation I have several xl incubators that hold temp and humidity all digital
I also have a lg smoke house and a xl dehydrator I could probably put a pan of water in to keep humidity

Biggbooboo

Will this be your first year growing tobacco? Assume you have a pretty big garden! Also you listed a mix of pipe/cig tobaccos and cigar tobaccos. What are your plans for curing Va vs Burley vs cigar? Best of luck on your grow!
As Wallace - Knucklehead suggested you can get great seeds from likely all of them from NorthWood Seeds for great prices. If you don't see it listed, e-mail and ask Paul. I am sure he has it.
www.northwoodseeds.com
ChrisN this is what I have in small quantities was looking for trade or maybe freebies of stuff that might be better for a 1st time grower or maybe something local so it's acclimated to my region. Thanks for the link though probably use them for my next order as they have most varieties and are the cheapest iv seen

ChrisN

Completely understand. I am also a first time grower. I started last year but it didn't turn out so great because I messed up. This year was technically my first year because I did things right this time. The plants thrived from seeds and made it outside to the field. I will take update pictures. So far, besides some bug bites in the lower leaves (I think are grasshopper/crickets) they are doing well. I just took a chance with it all and didn't worry about if it acclimates or not. Technically speaking they aren't native plants in my region to begin with. Some veggies grow well in our soil here in Central Illinois so just tried it. Our soil is probably one of the worst soil - Clay. My mother in law has black dirt and lives in the same area. So, I can try at her place as well. What I am saying is if I can grow these plants I feel anyone could. Should ask my wife lol, I have the worst track record with plants. To be honest, we both were rather doubtful I would have the success I have had. I just tried it and went for it because I wanted to and wanted to have success. I didn't want to give up. I am learning one step at a time. All of my seeds were purchased at Northwood Seeds. I only grew the Caribbean blend and Full Flavor Cigarette blend this year. Looking forward to trying the other plants next year. Can follow my grow blog in the grow blog section called "Staying Alive". Hope this helps :)

Staying Alive Grow Blog

Caribbean blend
Cuban criollo 98
Havana 142
Habano 2000
Florida Sumatra
Connecticut broadleaf

Full flavor cigarette blend
Catterton
Shirey
Green brior
Symbol 4
Prilep

401 Cherry Red
DR Olor
DR Piloto Cubano
Small Stalk Black Mammoth
TN90
Turkish Izmir Ozbas
Havana 608

Biggbooboo

Completely understand. I am also a first time grower. I started last year but it didn't turn out so great because I messed up. This year was technically my first year because I did things right this time. The plants thrived from seeds and made it outside to the field. I will take update pictures. So far, besides some bug bites in the lower leaves (I think are grasshopper/crickets) they are doing well. I just took a chance with it all and didn't worry about if it acclimates or not. Technically speaking they aren't native plants in my region to begin with. Some veggies grow well in our soil here in Central Illinois so just tried it. Our soil is probably one of the worst soil - Clay. My mother in law has black dirt and lives in the same area. So, I can try at her place as well. What I am saying is if I can grow these plants I feel anyone could. Should ask my wife lol, I have the worst track record with plants. To be honest, we both were rather doubtful I would have the success I have had. I just tried it and went for it because I wanted to and wanted to have success. I didn't want to give up. I am learning one step at a time. All of my seeds were purchased at Northwood Seeds. I only grew the Caribbean blend and Full Flavor Cigarette blend this year. Looking forward to trying the other plants next year. Can follow my grow blog in the grow blog section called "Staying Alive". Hope this helps :)

Staying Alive Grow Blog

Caribbean blend
Cuban criollo 98
Havana 142
Habano 2000
Florida Sumatra
Connecticut broadleaf

Full flavor cigarette blend
Catterton
Shirey
Green brior
Symbol 4
Prilep

401 Cherry Red
DR Olor
DR Piloto Cubano
Small Stalk Black Mammoth
TN90
Turkish Izmir Ozbas
Havana 608
What did you do wrong 1st year? If you have extra seed to spare or trade let me know

ChrisN

I struggled with watering the seedlings. I either would over or under water. Took me a bit to find a happy medium with watering. What really helped me was using these.

Attachments

• 85B5A004-6896-4227-86B3-8A94192E0FB1.png
    85B5A004-6896-4227-86B3-8A94192E0FB1.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 11

Biggbooboo

I struggled with watering the seedlings. I either would over or under water. Took me a bit to find a happy medium with watering. What really helped me was using these.
peat pellets. nice! i still have half a box of 1000 from a different project. found my vacuum seeder with them. score. prob going to plant some now for xp

ChrisN

It's up to you but I would rather wait until next March or April at the latest. If you grow some now you will have to grow them up with grow lights and buy dirt/pots. It's just extra expense.
When they are young seedlings they are fragile so what I learned to water them is when the peat pellet goes light brown starts to dry up a little, have the pellets in a tray, pour an inch or so of water in, let the pellets soak the water up from the bottom let them sit in water for a half an hour or however long it takes for the pellets to get wet - don't water the top as it could break the seedlings, and then just pour the excess water out of the tray. I also found that turkey basters work as well if you plant the seeds in dirt and can't water from the bottom.