Whole Leaf Tobacco

ask drying proccess for cavandish

corobikan

hello
sorry I'm a new comer
still dificult to find a key word
I have some problem for my tobacco
1 I've been trying cavandis but I don't know how to lessing water level on my tobacco and keeping it
2 I ever process 2 kind of my local tobacco for pipe but it the one is hard to burn an and the other easy but the burn easy gone
so what I should do with those all problems?

thanks you

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

In a persistently humid location, the only way to reduce the moisture content of finished tobacco is to gently heat it, until it becomes drier. Heat reduces the relative humidity in the air within the heated container. Allow excess moisture to escape while it is heating. Then seal the container. It is much easier to add moisture to dry tobacco than to reduce the moisture if your ambient humidity is too high. Drier tobacco will also burn more easily.

Instead of heating it, you could also try spreading the shredded tobacco in the direct sun, as is done with rajangan, then seal it in a container when it is drier.

Can you describe the two kinds of local tobacco that you have?

Bob

corobikan

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

In a persistently humid location, the only way to reduce the moisture content of finished tobacco is to gently heat it, until it becomes drier. Heat reduces the relative humidity in the air within the heated container. Allow excess moisture to escape while it is heating. Then seal the container. It is much easier to add moisture to dry tobacco than to reduce the moisture if your ambient humidity is too high. Drier tobacco will also burn more easily.

Instead of heating it, you could also try spreading the shredded tobacco in the direct sun, as is done with rajangan, then seal it in a container when it is drier.

Can you describe the two kinds of local tobacco that you have?

Bob
what does rajangan mean? because on my home town it mean shredded tobaco leaf if in term of tobacco processing
and I have a can of my own procsessing tobacco but it hard to burn it s dry enough but stil hard. how i dry it without less the smell
and do you know the key word to find about making aromatic tobaco pipe processing here? start from leave , making sauce , making toping and how to chasing it hehehhe