Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Best way to clean the Polish tabletop shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanMuskrat

So far the best way I've found is to rinse the rollers with water and use a plastic tab used to close bread bags but it's less than ideal. I have been considering a wire or stiff nylon brush or carburetor cleaning wires. Is there a better way?

stic

I just unbolt the bottom guards, put them in a pair of plyers and hold them in the grooves from on top, while winding it, clears almost everything out in about 2 minutes...

baboon

So far the best way I've found is to rinse the rollers with water and use a plastic tab used to close bread bags but it's less than ideal. I have been considering a wire or stiff nylon brush or carburetor cleaning wires. Is there a better way?

Hi there, fellow noob here. :)

I use a cloth - it's similar to the microfiber cloths you can get but the bits on the rollers don't get stuck to it. I just put a little peanut oil on the rollers and gently brush them with the cloth, turn the rollers a bit and rinse and repeat.

I'm sorry but I don't know what these cloths are called or where you get them from - there were a couple of them in a drawer in the kitchen, after a bit of trial and error I found they worked best. If that didn't work I was going to try using a toothbrush as my next idea.

I'm afraid I am waiting for a new smart phone, it's a week late due to Covid. Once I get it I can post a picture of the cloth in question if that helps.

baboon

Welcome to the forum, @baboon . Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Bob

Thank you very much Bob. May I just say that I have been lurking here for a year and a half and this website has been a fantastic resource - without doubt the best on the Internet for tobacco growing/processing/general tobacco stuff.

I've probably read hundreds of your posts and I blame you almost entirely for "going all in" on this hobby. ;)

baboon

Sorry for the delay, I finally got my new phone. What a saga that was...

Please find attached the images as promised.

The greenish cloth is what I use to clean the shredder. I've taken a close up shot so you can see the texture.

The blue one is a standard microfiber cloth for comparison - the cloth on those gets snagged by the bits in the rollers so isn't suitable.

I had a look on Amazon UK for something similar to what I have but couldn't find anything, maybe a chamois would work? As long as it doesn't snag on the rollers you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 11
Status