Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is one that was taken over a week ago .
Notice the skimpy trays on the right . They are peppers .
All the way back on the left is smaller plants . I step seeding my plants . The reason I do that is because when planting you don't want 25 acres ready at the same time . If you did and it rained for four or five days you would loose a lot of plants .They would get too big to plant .
Notice it was almost 11:00 am and it was cloudy .
The side curtains look bad . This is because I let those down when it is sunny and hot . They get a little dirty from letting them down on the ground and grass .
YkxY2qy.jpg

BigBonner

Founding Member
Very nice. With that much space I could duo my entire grow indoors.

I have about half that many more in outside float beds . The plants are a lot bigger now .
I will be headed to the field soon with this years crop .

Anyone who need plants , now is the time to get them .

BarG

Founding Member
That thousands of plants is so impressive. Really , heh heh I mean! Big Bonner You out do your own self

Last edited:

BigBonner

Founding Member
That thousands of plants is so impressive. You planted that. Wow! How cool is that'

That's 160,000 plants in the picture . Go ahead count them .

There will not be 160,000 plants but that was how many seed went in there . There will be a loss from the ones that didn't germinate or died . But there should be over 140,000 live ones .
15,000 of those are raw seeds and was for my plant sales .
I am going to see how the sales go this year . If it is worth while I will raise them again next year . But if sales are not worth it , I may cut back on plant sales next year to what I am growing for my own plantings .
The raw seeded trays have to be hand trimmed because of the plant markers in the trays . I can mow the rest in a couple of hours with my mowing system .
I may have to video that .

skychaser

Holy crap. Our whole greenhouse will fit in the right corner between the end and the rock. lol We could fit about 5000 plants in it if we crammed it full. We have around 1500 in it now and another 1000 outside. And I thought that was a lot. Just minor league stuff here.

Ishi

Got my plants today from Big Bonner. Great looking plant as usual. Got about 1/3 planted.

thank you

Tnturkey

Dang I almost missed it, How can I get some of the chewing tobacco variety? Let me know a price so I can get some. Thanks!!!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Dang I almost missed it, How can I get some of the chewing tobacco variety? Let me know a price so I can get some. Thanks!!!

Send Larry a PM. His plants run between $1.50 - $2.00 per plant depending on variety. He will need an e-mail address to send the Paypal invoice, and your name and address where you want the plants delivered. I got some this year and will be getting all my cigarette varieties from him next year. His seedlings looked better than plants I had in the ground for a month. Stems as big as pencils or bigger.

Ishi

Drive over and get them at night! Find the pic of his greenhouse he would never miss them.:)
Dan

BigBonner

Founding Member
Now is the time for plants if anyone need them .

These may be the last year for plants .

I have sold out of a few varieties but a lot of varieties I have sold none .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it would be best to insist on advanced, paid orders in Feb and March. That way, you'd have a better idea of which varieties to start.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Now is the time for plants if anyone need them .

These may be the last year for plants .

I have sold out of a few varieties but a lot of varieties I have sold none .

The plants I got from you are the best ones in my patch. If you have plants next year, I'd buy all my Virginia, Burley and Turkish from you. I've hated raising seedlings worse than anything. What were your best sellers this year?
Bob has a good idea and I wouldn't mind paying in advance. You could just grow to order. That would take the risk and the guess work out of it. If the orders are a few of this and a few of that and you see ahead it's not worth it, refund the money and try again next year. Sooner or later the seedlings will take off just like RYO and grow your own has, it's just lagging behind. Or that's what I think anyway. Trying preorders will test the market each year before you jump into it.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I probably will still have some of the best selling varieties and take pre orders .
I know every one wants to be able to raise their own and I agree with that . This is learning newbies to go from seed to ash or spit which ever they choose ,
Along with keeping seed varieties pure and preventing cross breeding .

workhorse_01

That sounds more like love for the grow than anything else.
I probably will still have some of the best selling varieties and take pre orders .
I know every one wants to be able to raise their own and I agree with that . This is learning newbies to go from seed to ash or spit which ever they choose ,
Along with keeping seed varieties pure and preventing cross breeding .

Status
Not open for further replies.