Whole Leaf Tobacco

Big Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Big Gem's a keeper. Great production and I really like the flavor. It's a flue cured variety with a note of cinnamon flavor in it as best as I can describe it.

bonehead

i grew big gem this year but didn't try it yet. i only air cured it so i have a long wait. i am hoping for the best.

Brown Thumb

I grew it this year and flue cured it . A little lite but great producer a keeper. I gave some to grgfinny and he really likes it all by itself in a smoke . Mabey he will chime in. Hey Knucks any chance you got to try some out yet?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I grew it this year and flue cured it . A little lite but great producer a keeper. I gave some to grgfinny and he really likes it all by itself in a smoke . Mabey he will chime in. Hey Knucks any chance you got to try some out yet?
I do like the Big Gem. I gave it a whirl in the pipe to see what it was like. It has a great flavor but I can tell it needs a little aging. I'm sampling all the varieties you sent and all have been real nice, then I'll put them back for aging and compare.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I do like the Big Gem. I gave it a whirl in the pipe to see what it was like. It has a great flavor but I can tell it needs a little aging. I'm sampling all the varieties you sent and all have been real nice, then I'll put them back for aging and compare.
I sent some last year to Knucklehead and we both agreed it tasted somewhat like a Turkish (If I remember right). Since then the Turkish flavor has dissipated and it is just a very mild flavor

BarG

Founding Member
I grew Big Gem last year from seeds provided by "chicken". It was a realy good producer and stalk harvested and cured well. I did a prime or 2 on the bottom leaves. It is a nice mellow smoke that I use to mix with other varietys as I rarely just smoke puros.

Status
Not open for further replies.