Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Book - Grow Your Own Cigars: growing, curing and finishing tobacco at home

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Grow Your Own Cigars: growing, curing and finishing tobacco at home, by yours truly.

GrowYourOwn_frontCover_120.jpg

ISBN: 978-1-7333979-5-7
Publication date: January, 2020
Publisher: Dreamsplice
Page count: 362
Dimensions: 6" x 9" paperback
Illustrations: 200 images, charts, diagrams
Retail price: $23.99

The table of contents:

Introduction
1. Growing Tobacco: the short course
2. How to Grow Tobacco
3. Curing and Finishing Tobacco
4. Storing Tobacco and Tobacco Problems
5. Tobacco Varieties
6. The Whole Leaf Trade
7. Cigars
8. Pipe Tobacco
9. Cigarettes
10. Smokeless
Appendix 1. Tobacco Glossary
Appendix 2. Tobacco-Safe Plastics
Appendix 3. Kiln / Flue-Cure Chamber Plans
Appendix 4. Tobacco Pests
Appendix 5. Fertilizers
Appendix 6. Experimental Crossing
Appendix 7. Resources

"Your request for a Library of Congress Control Number (LCCN) for your forthcoming book, Grow Your Own Cigars, was successfully transmitted to the Library of Congress."

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I just received the Library of Congress catalog number for Grow Your Own Cigars. It goes on the copyright page.

"Library of Congress Control Number:2019917726"

There is something mind boggling about that number. It is constructed using the year of the request (2019 in this case) to which is appended a serial number of all the assigned numbers for that year to date! We're still in October, yet my request was number 917,726 so far for this year. So, well over a million new books will be published in the US in 2019.

It has been said that Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646-1716) was probably the last person on earth who knew everything in science, math, literature, philosophy and the liberal arts. Since then, there has been just too much stuff published for any one person to even be aware of all of it, much less to have read and understood it.

Fanfare!!!....My book will be number 917,726 for 2019 in the US. (With better luck and timing, I might have gotten the coveted 20191000000.)

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
You are amazing Bob. I really hope that your book will sell well. Good idea to not create e-Book even if that some times is a good thing before people buying a real ex.
In this case it probably often should stay with a e-Book..

Petzi

I wanted to give myself this book as a Christmas present. I see it's only available on January. Now I have to keep it packed until next year. :LOL:

Wow Bob, you must be proud of your achievement! I am delighted to be able to discover this considerable work! It's going to be long before he arrives in Switzerland ... :sleep:

Petzi

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. I am relieved at having finally finished it. The most difficult aspect of writing it was deciding what to include, and what to leave out. A truly comprehensive coverage would have required at least a thousand pages. So there were painful choices. As it stands, the book simply would not have been possible without the broad base of knowledge that the members of this forum have brought together, in its tens of thousands of posts (currently over 160 thousand).

Bob

sls4ak

It will first be available on lulu.com. Then within 2 to 6 weeks (as the Bowker.com books-in-print database is updated) it will be available worldwide on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Ingram Books, etc. A digital version (e-book) will not be produced.

Bob
Sorry to hear you have chosen not to do the digital format. Most of my books are on Kindle these days. I'm learning a bit about successful publishing on that platform.

berz324

Been real interested in getting started growing this season since getting into rolling my own... I'll have to pick up a copy of this once it's out!