Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bought this industrial looking cutter/shredder today

MarcL

https://fairtradetobacco.com/attachments/t2ec16n-yee9s5je-jbrrlklrbrq-60_57-jpg.4590/

https://fairtradetobacco.com/attachments/t2ec16n-0e9s37e2g7brrlkzn2-q-60_57-jpg.4574/

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Here’s a stack of pipe plugs ready to go some where. Last photo.

Yultanman

Rather than cutting chew plugs I wonder if it could cut pipe tobacco from long pressed plugs. If it only advances a little bit perhaps it’s making pipe shred. Was there a machine for that? How much trouble to get it running?
Not being a chew consumer im not sure what they do with those plugs. I would definitely guestimate it shreds similar to the teck 1 for width and similar to the picture on dutch pipe smoker that you posted
i dont think itll be too much effort to make that missing piece. If i cant do it i have a friend who rebuilds steam engine tractors who definitely can make something. im sure i can just may not be as pretty.
its about 50 clicks to move the feeders 1/9 of the way (1 tooth advanced)
with my finger as the piece i count about 5 click per cut
the feeder is 1.25” diameter

switching to metric for the math :

teeth on feeder are about 1cm apart. Takes 10 cuts to move that distance which would make the shred 1mm

math could be way out but that how i figured it out

Yultanman

Regarding the heavy duty shredder sold by WLT, does anyone know if it can be easily modified to produce a 1.5 mm cut? That is, for every other comb to be removed? I would like to use it for pipe tobacco.
You would remove knurled off the rollers. The combs could stay how they are. Anyone proficient with a metal lathe should be able to do that