Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bruce Bears 2020 grow log

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceBear

The pic of the 5l bottle - those baccy plants are my mothers, a neat and clever trick to get them going without external interference if you have the right spot for the bottle. I tried this method and failed miserably - too hot on my windowsill I reckon. I went back to my usual method of a strong light to warm up a foil-lined box and a weather station thingy to keep an eye on the tempA6CCF1BE-BD64-4BBB-8F27-582575C8D233.pngCAF5473C-33C2-46A1-9E48-3C8161C86E51.png75A5532C-E6DA-4F99-98B1-14E3B0FB1115.jpeg

BruceBear

Bruce, what kind(s) are you growing this year?
Criollo 98, Habano 2000, Havana 142 and Little Dutch - from seed from my 2016 grow. I didn't have huge plants in my first grow, planted too close to large trees and didn't prepare the soil properly so this time around I am hoping for better results. And a tunnel (still under construction) to keep the wind and insects away as well as the dog, silly dog crushed my plants when I attempted a grow in 2018 and I gave up. Year before that my 2yr old daughter found my seedlings on the windowsill and happily shredded them to bits. She is five now with a little garden of her own so my seedlings are safe this time (fingers crossed)

ChinaVoodoo

Criollo 98, Habano 2000, Havana 142 and Little Dutch - from seed from my 2016 grow. I didn't have huge plants in my first grow, planted too close to large trees and didn't prepare the soil properly so this time around I am hoping for better results. And a tunnel (still under construction) to keep the wind and insects away as well as the dog, silly dog crushed my plants when I attempted a grow in 2018 and I gave up. Year before that my 2yr old daughter found my seedlings on the windowsill and happily shredded them to bits. She is five now with a little garden of her own so my seedlings are safe this time (fingers crossed)
Oh dear. Hopefully this isn't an indication of a future career in tobacco shredding.

BruceBear

I trust that your tiny seedlings are labeled more clearly than what I can see in the photos.

Bob
Indeed they are, scribbled on bits of masking tape on the sides so not visible from above. I am trying to keep things as organised as possible this time round but I suspect the wheels will probably start falling off the bus around harvest time - trying to keep track of what I picked when will be lots of fun:giggle:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I save used Tyvek shipping and mailing envelopes. These can be cut into small, waterproof tags. I mark (with a Sharpie) the variety, year and priming level of every string of leaf that goes to the shed. Stalks are tagged on the nail driven into the stalk for hanging. These tags remain with the leaf until it is smoked, sometimes years later. Tyvek even endures kilning. For my sewn bud bags, I stitch a Tyvek tag into each one, to label the seed variety and year.

Bob

BruceBear

Well, we certainly live in interesting times. Just when my baccy project is up and running a new obstacle presents itself - we have to move. As in vacate the premises to make way for a new tenant. We have until the end of the year, so that gives us time to look around for something similar or better but the threat is real that I may have to pull the plug on my grow. Hopefully it wont come to that, and the new place will have plenty of space for my plants so I will carry on in the meantime, keep positive, and this obstacle might turn out to be an opportunity in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.