Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bulgarian Varieties

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmax

Founding Member
Thanks.

*also the leaf structure; 405612 (Prilep) is wavy, 225977 (Prilep No.2) not. If Maks find the seeds, we should compare them well.

I'm still waiting on replay(they only redirect me on other address). I will let you as soon as I get information.

rainmax

Founding Member
I recived e-mail from my friend in Macedonia. He say, that found three sorts. I'm happy.
His coming to Ljubljana in about week from now.
I trust all is going well. The site of tobacco source is http://tkprilep.com.mk

rainmax

Founding Member
I hope not Virginia xy, BurleY xy, oriental XY. I gave him special order :

Prilep

Prilep P12-2/1
Prilep P23
Prilep NS-72
Prilep NS-84
Prilep P-84

rainmax

Founding Member
Sorry for that. I just wont you to see this alphabet. Many years ago I even know how to read this. I still can with effort. But I contact them in croatian language, cause Macedonian I can only understand a little.
It is not much written on that page, but you have e-mail if you want to contact them. I hope we get the right seeds.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Actually both Bulgarians and Greeks object to the use of "Macedonian" as a language because of their "different" political wievs. But the current academic consensus is that Macedonian is an autonomous language within the South Slavic dialect continuum.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Philip and Alexander of Macedon started out in what is presently Bulgaria, and swept through the Greek states, initiating the great Hellenistic expansion of Greek culture (with the Greek language) throughout the Mediterranean. What is currently claimed as Macedonia was just a wild backwater.

I guess the Macedonian language has many western (Latinate and modern) importations of words. If I transliterate the Cyrillic as though it were Russian, most of the Macedonian is still incomprehensible, but some of it is readable.

Menu titles: istoriyat; strategiya; struktura; marketing; odgobornost; kariera; kontakti
English: history; strategy; structure; marketing; ?; career; contacts

Side menu: Dooel Tutun; Agronomski sektor; Fermentachiya; Manipulachiya
English: ? Tobacco; Agronomic sector; Fermentation; Manipulation

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
Topic is going a little off topic but as you know most of the languages have importation words. There's no doubt about the classification of the Macedonian language according to linguistics, it's a south Slavic not Hellenic.

I want to write some same words you wrote above in Russian here in latin script.

English / Russian : history / istoriya ; strategy / strategiya ; structure / struktura ; career / kariera ; fermentation / fermentachiya ; manipulation / manipulachiya

"Tutun" (tütün) is a Turkish word which means tobacco, a common word in Slav countries.
"Odgovornost" is a Slovenian word which means responsibility.

rainmax

Founding Member
The three sorts of Prilep seeds are in Belgrade Serbia already, but friend will stay in Serbia for a while(three weeks). I ask him to send by post in monday. So, probably i'll received the shipment in the end of next week. Still soon enough.

rainmax

Founding Member
Only two sorts we have two are the same.
one is Prilep 79-94 and the other one is Prilep 66-9/7 . I took picture on Skype:

prilep.jpg

the other is unrecognizable. He couldn't send it by post office, cause needs to go threw douane. I will receive it in monday (18th, March).

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Great photo. It looks promising: 0.5 grams (a lot of seeds--~1000 to 2000), and certified seed material from a national institute. Bravo! If that actually says 5 grams--I can't tell--then it's a boat load.

Bob

rainmax

Founding Member
I'm going on the post office now to send two sorts of Prilep to America. Yes it's here and I have already put it on the soil and water it.

Status
Not open for further replies.