Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Camel cigarettes with no turkish tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

I've read a pdf posted by a member here, I guess from industrydocuments about RJ Reynolds and how Camel was introduced.All the years I thought Camel cigarettes had more turkish tobacco in them than other brands but the document says that Camels actually have the lowest amount of turkish tobacco and possibly no turkish tobacco at all.The secret seems to be cased burley.So their secret is all about which additives they add to the burley to achieve that somehow sweet taste and old socks smell of the camel cigs ? I mean if they dont use turkish tobacco I think it would be easier for me to clone something similar to it.

ChinaVoodoo

I've read a pdf posted by a member here, I guess from industrydocuments about RJ Reynolds and how Camel was introduced.All the years I thought Camel cigarettes had more turkish tobacco in them than other brands but the document says that Camels actually have the lowest amount of turkish tobacco and possibly no turkish tobacco at all.The secret seems to be cased burley.So their secret is all about which additives they add to the burley to achieve that somehow sweet taste and old socks smell of the camel cigs ? I mean if they dont use turkish tobacco I think it would be easier for me to clone something similar to it.
Interesting.

Or you could simply buy some oriental tobacco.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"In 1999, Japan Tobacco International gained ownership of the rights to sell Camel outside the United States. The tobacco blend of the non-American Camel contains less Oriental tobacco and a higher proportion of Burley. "

There are over a half-dozen Camel blends in the US. But cigarettes that are manufactured outside of the US, but carry a US brand, often taste quite different.

Bob

burge

camels are prilep and a little lemon virginia. I created one you may want to throw in a little bursa.

Alpine

AFAIK they contained a mere 5% more Turkish tobacco than other brands I.e. 15% instead of 10%
The blend is secret (no surprise) but the Turkish strains involved were Samsun and Izmir. Here in Europe, camels have a strong liquorice flavour, and no discernible “Turkish” at all.
I’ve been a camel smoker for more than two decades, but never had the opportunity to taste a true American camel, alas.

pier

burge

Well maybe it wasn't the prilep come to think of it. It was the prilep and the double tasted burley with virginia that made a Marlborough it was the sample after that. Question what was that leaf? Forum did not go back far enough when it changed servers. I think he had Samson then. and I commented on how good it was. I gave it to a friend of mine and I had to have a smoke as Camels are not a fav of mine and this was smokable. Might have been Yendji. or samsun. with virginia it was mellow.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Well maybe it wasn't the prilep come to think of it. It was the prilep and the double tasted burley with virginia that made a Marlborough it was the sample after that. Question what was that leaf? Forum did not go back far enough when it changed servers. I think he had Samson then. and I commented on how good it was. I gave it to a friend of mine and I had to have a smoke as Camels are not a fav of mine and this was smokable. Might have been Yendji. or samsun. with virginia it was mellow.
Possibly the Izmir which I thought had a Marlbory flavor along with the other varieties in my blend. The Prilep for me has a little more floral note than the Izmir. I like the Prilep equally as well in my blend, it just seemed to move it away from the Marlboro flavor compared to the Izmir.

burge

I forget now may have been the Bursa but for me camels made me sick with Dons I could smoke it. I made one up for my friend at the time and said its not my style but this was good with the lemon at the time. American cigs are not my taste but I can tell exceptional tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.