Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Canadian cigarette blend ideas

Canadian1983

Hi everyone, looking for some suggestions for a nice Canadian blend for every day use. I smoked duMaurier red for many many years before i discovered WLT. So far only tried the Canadian Lemon which is fantastic, and the halfzware, also great. I got red, bright, hand tied lemon and double bright on the way. Looking for a good starting point for a blend. Definitely using the Canadian lemon and...? So many options! I find the lemon needs a hint of boldness added, and a slight throat hit. Im currently blending 25% halfzware with the lemon until my order comes. Really enjoying it. Suggestions?

ChinaVoodoo

My thoughts are based on only limited experience smoking cigarettes. I have smoked various Du Mauriers, and Players, like Du Maurier kings, and Players light regular, which were the 2 biggest sellers when I worked at Sev11 back in the 90s. Anyways, Canadian cigarettes don't contain any burley or oriental, so it's basically a question of which Virginia / Bright tobacco is the closest, and that's probably the Canadian or the Lemon. I might not go to the double or the red unless if I was trying to match something stronger or richer like Export A green, or Dunhill.

The WLT bright is excellent on its own. I would say it's much better than most Canadian brands. It is more sweet though.

Even if it doesn't match, it's going to be great.

Canadian1983

My thoughts are based on only limited experience smoking cigarettes. I have smoked various Du Mauriers, and Players, like Du Maurier kings, and Players light regular, which were the 2 biggest sellers when I worked at Sev11 back in the 90s. Anyways, Canadian cigarettes don't contain any burley or oriental, so it's basically a question of which Virginia / Bright tobacco is the closest, and that's probably the Canadian or the Lemon. I might not go to the double or the red unless if I was trying to match something stronger or richer like Export A green, or Dunhill.

The WLT bright is excellent on its own. I would say it's much better than most Canadian brands. It is more sweet though.

Even if it doesn't match, it's going to be great.

Excellent. Yeah I’m sure it will be. Even the blend I’m smoking now has an amazing taste and I would say that it’s better than most brands on the market. Looking forward to getting my next order and experimenting with the various virginias. Thanks for the advice!

ChinaVoodoo

Du Maurier is a strong smoke --No doubt it has some Red Virginia.
I don't know what draws people to specific cigarettes. The names have changed, but back when I was selling them, Du Maurier kings, and Players Light regular were equal in sales, and combined out sold everything else combined. I always wondered, what was wrong with Du Maurier light regular and Players kings?

I smoked Players plain.

Canadian1983

I don't know what draws people to specific cigarettes. The names have changed, but back when I was selling them, Du Maurier kings, and Players Light regular were equal in sales, and combined out sold everything else combined. I always wondered, what was wrong with Du Maurier light regular and Players kings?

I smoked Players plain.

For me it’s definitely taste. I find the Du Maurier to have a smokiness to it. Like a type of hardwood of some sort. Can’t quite put my finger on it. Seems to be lacking in other brands. I’m still experimenting. I’m confident I will get very close with a blend of quality leaf I’m getting from WLT.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

Canadian1983

If you like Drum, you'll like fire-cured, as I do.
Far as i know, tailor-mades are all pure Virginia in Canada.

Tho the fire-cured is very good.

I’m pretty sure you’re right, what I wasn’t sure of is if the Blend could include a hint of fire cured Virginia. My order is coming in next week, got some on the way. I’m very close right now, using 4 Virginia’s and a hint of halfzware. It’s great stuff. Fellow smokers at work can’t believe these are not tailors.

Hugh

I'm picking up an order of fire-cured today --Customs dinged me $12.11 that's a $10 fee for a 2 dollar charge, go figure.
Thing is about fire-cured, it's so good you'll be blending a true halfware down the road.
It's that good.

Canadian1983

I'm picking up an order of fire-cured today --Customs dinged me $12.11 that's a $10 fee for a 2 dollar charge, go figure.
Thing is about fire-cured, it's so good you'll be blending a true halfware down the road.
It's that good.
Yeah just got my order today, fire cured, red, bright leaf, halfzware and Canadian lemon x2. First time for the red and fire cured. They are all fantastic. The red is so good I think I could smoke it alone. Very very impressed. Yeah I got dinged too. 31$ on 6lb..gotta keep big brother happy I guess..

burge

I like the lighter tastes players export a was my fav. When I started smoking a packaged export a was different than the ryo toabcco. It was the darker super fine tobacco. Like the Danish Export cig tobacco. Players the last I bought it hasn't changed Export A used to be different tobacco's now it is the same .