Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cased Tobacco Pipe Blend Recipes

Damanadaplaya

I have a good bit of air cured MD609, that I cavendished in mason jars in the instapot. It’s black, it lacks flavor, but really absorbs “topping” well, and is very smooth. My recent topping has vodka being the medium, with vanilla (extract in alcohol), almond emulsion (has PG), star anise (in alcohol), and a little honey. I don’t think this should mold, but mold can be a mystery. It’s all the way dried and in mason jars, and I really enjoyed it tonight.

Then, had a bowl of Captain Black original. Flavors came out I had not detected before, cherry? I’m not ashamed to enjoy Captain Black Gold and Original every now then, but has anyone narrowed down that recipe? My next topping will have a hint of cherry, and I might be on the right track.

Radagast

Then, had a bowl of Captain Black original. Flavors came out I had not detected before, cherry? I’m not ashamed to enjoy Captain Black Gold and Original every now then, but has anyone narrowed down that recipe? My next topping will have a hint of cherry, and I might be on the right track.
I recently bought an aromatic house blend at the only b&m left in my area. The blend, called 'son of a nutcracker', is really close to captain black and I liked it a lot.
From their website: "A festive mixture of sweet almond, black vanilla, and a generous splash of holiday brandy. Great for those with a hankering for something truly aromatic. Divine room note. Mild black, Golden Cavendish, Golden Virginia and triple A Burley.".
I also like captain black. I have a pouch of it from the US, but I detect no cherry. What I do get from it is a creamy vanilla custard-like flavour I could never quite put my finger on, but I'm thinking you may have nailed it with almond. Brandy flavour could be important too.
Sidenote; I think the flashy sounding superlative language used to suggest unique tobaccos is hilarious. "Triple a Burley", for example, must be way better than the dog-$h!t Burley I'm used to.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
the flashy sounding superlative language
It makes a more favorable impact than, "Intensely aromatic. Makes the room smell like a bakery instead of like tobacco. Brown and yellow Cavendish, generic Virginia and Burley. Treated with almond and vanilla flavorants, and some cheap brandy."

Bob

Damanadaplaya

1FD24D75-9CF8-4084-9AEB-7EDB92902FA9.jpeg
Two mason jars of cavendish to one of perique. Once COMPLETELY dry from
being stored in boiled mason jars, I’ll top with PG (almond emulsion), vanilla, with vodka medium; Harrison’s Heritage small batch pipe tobacco. All MD 609, last year’s harvest. Too bad the internet has not invented smell-o- vision. Same variety of tobacco, two different processes, two completely different odors.

Krausen89

Been experimenting with a few aromatic casings and a noodle press making crumble cakes

1. a copy of GL Pease Key largo (was similar but needed adjustments and didn't go any farther yet) Cased with "Cider Cask Finished" Irish whiskey and pressed overnight dried for a hour and then vacuum sealed. Have not Tested yet

2. Some Virginia Gold Brand Vanilla (commercial pipe tobacco i wasn't fond of i am using to test casings) Cased with Mixed with equal parts Whiskey and Cherry juice from cocktail cherries and a drop of vanilla extract. Pressed overnight, dried 1hr and vacuum sealed. Have not tried yet

3. VA Gold brand vanilla , cased with Old Smokeys salted caramel whiskey and a decent amount of Watkins Baking Vanilla. Mayebe 2/3 whiskey 1/3 vanilla This one i cased heavily and is in a mason jar with lid on for 24hours or so. i am going to microwave for 30secs (or until steamy) in jar and then load up the noodle press tightening more everyday for a couple days and then letting sit for a week. after that i will remove and dry out a little, test and vacuum seal the rest of the puck

More ideas for casings i am going to play around with

- Rum/Maple
- VA/Kentucky fire cured plug with vanilla burbon
- rum base with orange zest, vanilla, cherry juice, a hint of almond extract.

I have taken alcohol and dissolved candies in it, like jolly ranchers, Werthers originals and they tunred out okay. the werthers have a wax coating so i wouldnt case tobacco with that but might be able to get some more flavors for casing like black licorice, cherry, butterscotch etc. i will be playing around with this as well as work slows down