Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

China Voodoo 2020 Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

If my Rindi dont germinate, I would like to get some for next year if you don't mind, seeing as you've successfully grown it out recently.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the Sumba Rindi samba rumba is warranted.

CV_germination.JPG

Bob

Yvan the terrible

I began this thread on Sunday with the premise that I didn't know where I would be planting these tobacco plants.

Three weeks ago, a couple put in a bid, just hours before us, on a home we were interested in. On Monday, they backed out due to newly found job insecurity. I feel sorry for them and hope all is well, but this gave us the opportunity to re-present our offer, which was accepted. I held off celebrating until now because I just got confirmation from the lender.

So I will be planting in my own back yard this year! It may require a lot of work. The yard is on a steep slope which faces ESE. The slope will be a whole new ball game, and hopefully produce excellent results because the ground temperature will be higher than in a flat garden which is an issue in my climate.

So this will be a real grow blog this year!

Edit: here's a view of the back yard. I plan on taking out a couple trees.

View: https://youtu.be/fcv3Mr-FmRg
Have just been doing some catching up on my reading, congrats on the new place.

ChinaVoodoo

Those plants look extremely healthy. How is your grow coming along now? Mo’ better?
The single Rindi that germinated died. The Delhi is trying to escape the pots, and the others are doing ok. I have two more weeks to get them in the ground. But before that, I have a lawn to dig up, a shed to cut up, and a bunch of cedar shrubs and roots to excise.

ChinaVoodoo

So much work to be done! I got my cucumbers in a couple weeks ago, my tomatoes in last week, and some tobacco in today. I had to cut apart and remove a shed and a ton of bricks first.

I still plan on clearing about 400square feet of sod for my vegetables and maybe more tobacco.

Today I planted 16 Delhi-34, 13 Viequeque, and 10 Lumajang. Sorry Kasturi, no room for you. At least I got a Timore Leste strain in. For that matter, I don't know exactly what either Lumajang or Viqueque are.

There's some big pots in the yard. Maybe I'll put some of my dozen remaining Delhi-34s in those.

Spacing for Delhi is 18"x48", and for the others, it's 16"x48".

I used some organic 6-3-9, some bone and blood meal 6-5-0, and sulphate of potash 0-0-50. Total fertilizer rate is 117-70-177.

DSC_0369~2.JPG

ChinaVoodoo

I tell you, it was nice to kill the worm and immediately replace the casualty with another plant.

I thought that my problem with cut worms at my old place had something to do with how established my garden was, my use of alfalfa pellets as fertilizer, and maybe how much wood mulch was in it due to a tree that was there before. But apparently they are pervasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.