Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Glue

webmost

It's made out of trees. It's so safe that they use it for kindergarten projects. It's so cheap that they use it for wallpaper. You mix up a pill cup worth of it the night before and you're good to go. Check out the how-to at
View: https://youtu.be/TCqCESg3Q7c
about 8 minutes & 30 seconds in. Mix it up about as thick & sticky as mucus, and then it will thicken up even more overnight. It will keep un-refrigerated for months, long as you have a tight top on your pill cup.

Boogeyman81

Whats the consistency of your glue? I play around with it but haven't zeroed in yet. On many videos of factories or cuban hand rolls it looks like its very solid and waxy. I've been using gum arabic but it seems like there's not much wiggle wood between watery and goopy

ChinaVoodoo

Whats the consistency of your glue? I play around with it but haven't zeroed in yet. On many videos of factories or cuban hand rolls it looks like its very solid and waxy. I've been using gum arabic but it seems like there's not much wiggle wood between watery and goopy
Mine is like gravy at room temperature. I think I'm using guar gum. It might be xanthan gum, but I think it's guar. I put it in an unlabeled bottle a couple years ago.

mbatini

I use guar gum. I think it's at least as good as the glue that we get with wrapper leaves from WLT, but has the not insignificant benefit of being something I can readily buy locally at a grocery store.
Question on Guar Gum: is it normal that at ambient temperature the glue gets back to a more 'liquid' state? Do I have to put it in freezer if I want to use it a couple of days?
Thanks
Mauro

Jb00

i have never had that issue. I use Bob’s Red Mill Guar gum, and it stays pretty consistent.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
From what I can determine, Terni averages about 70% relative humidity in November. Since all gums are hygroscopic (attract water), the greater the amount of cigar glue applied, the more likely it will be to become moist in high ambient humidity. Try using less of the guar gum on each cigar, or store the cigars in a drier (perhaps heated) location.

Bob