Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar wrapper difference in taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

My good friend brought me a Trinnidad robusto cigar from Peru. The 1st 3rd of the cigars wrapped was damaged, so I wrapped it in Fl Sumatra. It was very nice and strong. When the wrapper was Fl Sumatra was finnished the trinnidad wrapper had a less peppery taste than my own wrapper. I know there is a bit of a debate on the influence of wrapper on taste and I experiencd it fitst hand. Definitely a different taste with the Fl Sumatra wrapper.
A good day to you all.
Ben

ChuckP

Howdy Ben,

I posted about the effects of the wrapper a couple of months back and posted a video by Alec Bradley. One of my favorite cigar makers. Here's the link: Interesting video on determimning the affect a wrapper has on a cigar's taste

I have been rolling some of my cigars with the first 1/2" - 3/4" of the cigar without a wrapper, so I can get an idea of how the binder and filler taste and what the wrapper brings to the party. It's pretty interesting to see the effect that the wrapper has on the cigar.

Another point is our tobacco varieties takes a backseat to no one! It's like having Ala Carte at the tobacco bar! :) (I wanted a yummy emoticon, but this will do!)

Happy Rolling Buddy!

marksctm

Howdy Ben,

I posted about the effects of the wrapper a couple of months back and posted a video by Alec Bradley. One of my favorite cigar makers. Here's the link: Interesting video on determimning the affect a wrapper has on a cigar's taste

I have been rolling some of my cigars with the first 1/2" - 3/4" of the cigar without a wrapper, so I can get an idea of how the binder and filler taste and what the wrapper brings to the party. It's pretty interesting to see the effect that the wrapper has on the cigar.

Another point is our tobacco varieties takes a backseat to no one! It's like having Ala Carte at the tobacco bar! :) (I wanted a yummy emoticon, but this will do!)

Happy Rolling Buddy!

I was going to post that video ChuckP that you posted, but I can't get the video pulled up, tried to find it on youtube but haven't yet.
That's a good video.
If I remember correctly, he carefully cuts about a 3.81 cm to 5.08 cm (1.5 to 2 inches) of the wrapper back, leaving the binder and filler, lighting and smoking just the binder and filler, and as it burns up to where the wrapper starts, you can then start to taste the flavor the wrapper adds.

ChuckP

Howdy Chris,

What browser are you using? I was able to play the video in both Safari and Firefox. Unfortunately, I am rebuilding my virtual machine and cannot access IE or Chrome at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.